Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Ahem, back to pedal boards for a sec, go get a room chaps. :gas:
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/alheeley/7443376626/][/url]
A modest selection reshuffled for a big gig this sat, mixture of commercial boxes plus a few home made clones. Harmonic exciter from MadBean Bloviator pcb (BBE Sonic Stomp clone) - this is an outstanding pedal for enhancing the presence of bass or guitar, I'm totally in love with this pedal. Budget GLX (boss limiter clone) at the right - great little unit for very little money. Chorus is the small clone (tonepad pcb) with depth switch, and theres a gratuitous mammoth thrown in for good measure.

[quote name='Al Heeley' timestamp='1340661363' post='1707867']
Ahem, back to pedal boards for a sec, go get a room chaps. :gas:
[/quote]

Very nice dude! Don't think I've seen a Boss pedalboard case used so well! Didn't notice the Polytune Mini for ages! ;)

Edited by chrismuzz

thx, i have secreted a strip of blue LED's along the width of the pedalcase, above the channel of the wiring bus - you can see the red lead poking out at the end on the left, when its plugged it it issues an eerie blue glow for absolutely no reason whatsoever :)
Some minor surgery had to occur to cram the mini polytune into place.

Edited by Al Heeley

[quote name='D-L-B' timestamp='1340460043' post='1704745']
What it looked like before I ripped it to bits last week. Watch this space for the latest incarnation... :)
[/quote]
A bass whammy? Ya lucky bastard.. ;)
Good luck on that new board though, this one's pretty cramped.. even for what I've seen.
I would like to know why you have 2 different pitchshifter/harmony pedals there.. :unsure:
Also, how do you run that bass wah? I could never get it to sound good for me..

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1340717498' post='1708488']
A bass whammy? Ya lucky bastard.. ;)
Good luck on that new board though, this one's pretty cramped.. even for what I've seen.
I would like to know why you have 2 different pitchshifter/harmony pedals there.. :unsure:
Also, how do you run that bass wah? I could never get it to sound good for me..
[/quote]
I actually have 2 Bass Whammies! (It's good to keep a back up ;))
I use the Boss PS-3 mainly for delays and sometimes the occasional bit of noise making (I originally intended to use it with an expression pedal for whammying since you can dial in any harmony combination and blend you want but I preferred the sound of the Bass Whammy).
The Wah I really struggled with to get any useful sounds at first. I only really like it with the Q sweep quite low and in front of the Boss PW-2, the heavy mids from the drive give that deep belching sound. I only ever used it for recording and I've replaced it with a Mad Professor Snow White Auto Wah now.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1340726139' post='1708689']
D-L-B - I've had a request to interview you for my 'Interviews about effects' section of my blog. I'll be in touch soon if you fancy it.
[/quote]
Yeah, no problem, I'd be more than happy to do it. B)

Edited by D-L-B

[quote name='RnRDave' timestamp='1340793060' post='1709586']
My pretty boring board...

[/quote]

Nothing wrong with that at all. Do you [i]really[/i] have "tits" written on your Digitech Bass Squeeze pedal, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Few updates to my board; a bigger board to start with, and the addition of a new tuner and Boss SYB-5. Haven't tested the latter in the signal chain yet, so it may be changing. The SansAmp may also be moving places when my programmable one arrives.

As always, feedback is welcome.

Yeah I mean bass end. Octavers and synth pedals always react better with a purer, stronger signal. So going direct from the Bass is great or going from your bass into a compressor and then into the synth would a little better, as the compressor would provide a little more sustain and a more even signal to trigger the effect.

I know it's an awful picture, but it's only a 'progress' shot as I make some changes and make space for some incoming:

Off:
Akai Headrush, Behringer Ultra Vibrato, Boss BF-2B & LM-2

On:
Boss DM-3 & VB-2, Earthquaker Organizer

To come:
Fuzzrocious Grey Stache, SFX Loop Logic (for LS-2), BEF is out on loan so will go back on, my Meatbox clone ;)

Si

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1340833155' post='1710395']
Not actually current but after several hours of sorting I'm not holding this back just so I wait for a pic of my current board

http://www.tayste.co.uk/2012/06/27/evolution-of-a-pedalboard-and-a-player/

Enjoy
[/quote]

Wow :)

Can I ask about the 1590a format pedals you've gone through ? They first appear on a big board at bottom left, a silver pedal and a white one next to a pandora px4b, later on there are a couple more white ones and a green one.

I think one of the white ones was a hyperpak, but for the rest I have no idea.

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1340833155' post='1710395']
Not actually current but after several hours of sorting I'm not holding this back just so I wait for a pic of my current board

[url="http://www.tayste.co.uk/2012/06/27/evolution-of-a-pedalboard-and-a-player/"]http://www.tayste.co...d-and-a-player/[/url]

Enjoy
[/quote]

Now THAT was a journey. Sad thing is that I remember most of those boards being posted on here at the time.

[quote name='D-L-B' timestamp='1340726040' post='1708686']
I actually have 2 Bass Whammies! (It's good to keep a back up ;))
I use the Boss PS-3 mainly for delays and sometimes the occasional bit of noise making (I originally intended to use it with an expression pedal for whammying since you can dial in any harmony combination and blend you want but I preferred the sound of the Bass Whammy).
The Wah I really struggled with to get any useful sounds at first. I only really like it with the Q sweep quite low and in front of the Boss PW-2, the heavy mids from the drive give that deep belching sound. I only ever used it for recording and I've replaced it with a Mad Professor Snow White Auto Wah now.
[/quote]
Ah, makes sense. I always hated my bass wah. <_<
[u][i][b]2[/b][/i][/u]?!?!
Good god, man..
I've heard about the Snow White from Gearmandude. Awesome box.