Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

11 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

Michael $odding Buble. Taking my partner (who's a fan). The band will be great but I am not looking forward to it, in the least.

You need to tell “Yo Mickey Bubble” in a fake New York Mafia accent at least 42 times throughout the evening to make it more bearable.

Edited by Lozz196

Good news: Fairport Convention,  in about 15 minutes, as I'm in the bar during the interval before their set.

BAD NEWS!  Before the show the band said that Dave Pegg tested positive for Covid this morning,  so is not playing.  So they've had to work out a new set of old songs they can play without him. 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Richard R said:

Good news: Fairport Convention,  in about 15 minutes, as I'm in the bar during the interval before their set.

BAD NEWS!  Before the show the band said that Dave Pegg tested positive for Covid this morning,  so is not playing.  So they've had to work out a new set of old songs they can play without him. 

Should be interesting at least 👍

Fairport UnPegged were both interesting and superb, as was the support. It would be good to compare notes with @Stub Mandrel who saw the full band last Friday, but I don't want to clutter up this thread.  Is there a "concert reviews " thread? If not then I'll start one.

Edited by Richard R
edited for style, accuracy, and typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was about to book tickets to see Killing Joke in Bristol O2 Academy but been put right off by the price. 

£45 to see them in a venue with terrible sound and ridiculous drink prices just isn't appealing. I love seeing Killing Joke live but for that price I could pay for two gigs in Bristol at venues with better sound, better atmosphere and not get fleeced when I get thirsty.

Last time I  went to Bristol Academy, it was a double headline show with Skints and Interruptors and tickets were £28 and that was shortly before first lockdown. If they want to get people back to gigs, pushing up ticket prices isn't the way to do it. 

On 10/02/2022 at 04:46, Peloquin said:

I've just looked and to go to liverpool on Saturday and sit st the back is £112 for 2 tickets.  I'll give that a miss. 

Ooof. It was £37 a pop last night. High up and at the back but she was very good.

And she sang Marlene on The Wall....

• Like 1

On 10/02/2022 at 04:42, Peloquin said:

I saw her a few years ago and she was great.  My first ever "sit down"gig. 

She's probably my favourite female vocalist. 

Marlene on the Wall is my most best favouritist song ever. 

Hotter now than she used to be imho

… and superbly talented also 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Napalm Death in Milton Keynes, March 26th. Quite a small venue, so that's a plus point.

I saw them couple of times in the 80s then kind of lost touch. I reconnected with them via a couple of Basschat suggestions (and found that they had maintained a good quality output over the years)and decided to see them live again at next opportunity.

(Although I have the Woodentops a couple of days before, so not strictly next)