Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

4 minutes ago, SH73 said:

Been a fan since 80's never saw them, I feel like a child at Christmas.

..C A U G H T.  I N.  T H E   M O S H 

Seeing Anthrax and Motorhead in the same night was amazing, two of the greatest heavy metal bands ever. I know Lemmy said Motorhead weren't heavy metal but they really were.

5 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

Seeing Anthrax and Motorhead in the same night was amazing, two of the greatest heavy metal bands ever. I know Lemmy said Motorhead weren't heavy metal but they really were.

I only saw Motorhead once in 1996, I still remember the gig, bloody loud!

On 25/03/2022 at 18:27, Andermtc said:

Barenaked Ladies at the RAH on Monday night, hopefully.

The 4 piece is down to 2 at the moment as they continue the tour, hopefully they will be back up to 4 by Monday.

KT Tunstall is one of the support acts and is one of the reasons for going to this particular gig.

KT Tunstall's live band are gas. We saw them supporting Santana a couple of years ago

Gutted to find out that Stanley Dee, the Steely Dan tribute (obvs) are playing just up the road tonight and I have something else booked. 😥

Next for us is Sting at the Palladium on Easter Saturday, followed by the odd, arco bass stylings of Shri Sriram, as part of the Watford Jazz Festival.

The Lovely Eggs.

I missed their 're-scheduled due to covid' show due to a diary clash, so ticket wasted.

I was 50/50 about going see them on the next tour........ but......

I discovered  Gwenifer Raymond a couple of weeks ago (completely different genre to Lovely Eggs) and decided to catch her live at next opportunity. Looked up her tour dates and it turns out she is supporting the Lovely Eggs on their tour! Result..... kill two birds with one stone!

So well done to the Lovely Eggs for thinking 'outside the box' on support acts.

So here is the support act:

Edited by Nail Soup

On 25/03/2022 at 22:02, SteveXFR said:

I saw them several years ago supporting Motorhead. Really very good live.

Wembley Arena with Hawkwind and someone else? Arthur Brown popped on stage and Lemmy did Silver Machine IIRC

7 hours ago, Peloquin said:

I'm hopefully getting tickets tomorrow to see Phil Campbell and the Bastard Sons playing in Stoke doing a Motorhead set. Literally 10 mins away from my house. They were great live last time I saw them, hope the new singer is as good as the last one. 

He is, shame that they parted ways with Neil Starr though.

Would have gone to the Merthyr show, but it sold out in a couple of days 😞

Edited by Stub Mandrel
  • Like 1

On 31/03/2022 at 09:30, Stub Mandrel said:

A veritable orgy of ticket buying means I have tickets for Sassafras and Band of Friends, as well as ACAB, a popular local band.

Blimey, Sassafras, I didn’t realise they were still performing, I was really into them in the 70’s.

I saw them live at the Cambridge Corn Exchange in the 70’s, it was a multi band tour, I’m pretty sure one of the other bands was SNAFU.

I have dug out their albums, must gig them a play.

0D204C1C-42F5-4109-BDE2-3B23AD6772B6.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m at the Tynemouth Social Club seeing the Samphires, in which mrs nekomatic‘s best mate’s niece is the guitarist. 

They are really, really good - easily up to the standard of bands I’ve seen at small festivals. If there’s any justice they’ll go far. 

4895BBB7-7FA1-4036-BD15-6F3F5C87B396.thumb.jpeg.0adb49f44e5b93c25787272ce832a0c3.jpeg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, nekomatic said:

I’m at the Tynemouth Social Club seeing the Samphires, in which mrs nekomatic‘s best mate’s niece is the guitarist. 

They are really, really good - easily up to the standard of bands I’ve seen at small festivals. If there’s any justice they’ll go far. 

4895BBB7-7FA1-4036-BD15-6F3F5C87B396.thumb.jpeg.0adb49f44e5b93c25787272ce832a0c3.jpeg

I just checked out a couple of their songs on Soundcloud. Pretty good - I'll keep my eye out for them at any local venues. Good luck to them.

Is that a different drummer in your pic?

Edited by Nail Soup
Soundcloud, not Bandcamp