Why become a member? ×

Another "Im not a fan of singlecuts but..." thread.

Painy

To be honest I'm turning into more of a 'Fender kind of guy' these days but I still maintain the best bass I ever played was a 6 string Ken Smith in the old Wapping Bass Centre. I actually think this looks quite nice but truthfully, if I was ever in the market for a Smith then it'd probably be a black tiger.

Not as bad as I thought it was going to be, but to me most bass singlecuts looks like the offspring of a whale and Pac-Man I'm sorry to say. Of course the most important thing is how it plays and how it sounds, isn't it? ...Isn't it..? :huh:

Anyway if we're going on appearance alone, KS basses always look to me like they've got a pair of buttocks. However, I'm quite prepared to admit that may be more of an issue with me than it is with KS basses, but there it is.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1442319560' post='2865993']
Looks to me like he's ripped off Alpher!
[/quote]

I was thinking that a little.
Although the amount of companies that have ripped Foderas SC designs is crazy, bearing in mind that Fodera have been busing SCs since the 80's.

Si

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1442495960' post='2867355']
I've always fancied an ASAT bass - do they qualify as single cuts?

[attachment=200877:Capture.JPG]
[/quote]

I would say yes, they do qualify as singlecuts however probably not what the bass community now interprets a single cut to look like i.e. it is not fugly :ph34r: