Why become a member? ×

Dealing with heckling!

Weststarx

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1434757663' post='2802688']
Not playing in Milton Keynes are you, Weststarx? That`s a popular heckle up there.
[/quote]

Yup to be honest, if no one said it at least once during any gig round this way, I'd miss it....probably end up shouting it meself!!

[quote name='landwomble' timestamp='1434798409' post='2802881']
"I don't come round to your place of work and slap the sailor's c*cks out of your mouth, do I? Let me do my job"
[/quote]
Awesome.....
You could also say "sorry mate, drag night is Tuesday's, I think you've got your days mixed up".

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1434808859' post='2802974']
You could also say "sorry mate, drag night is Tuesday's, I think you've got your days mixed up".
[/quote]

Or you could say...."sorry mate"...and actually[i] get on with it !! [/i] ;)

Could this be a non event where the "get on with it" applied to the band that cancelled because they were slow between songs? Perhaps the heckler won't comment with your band?

I can't comment on how to deal with her, though as I have yet to gig; I like to think I would ignore her.

[quote name='Weststarx' timestamp='1434749793' post='2802614']
Hi Guys,

We've just booked a gig for next week due to a cancellation but been warned by the band that cancelled that there is always one lady that goes every week and likes to heckle the bands.

Personally I have never had anyone heckle me in any band I've been in, so I'm a little unsure how to deal with it!

Apparently her favourite line is "Get on with it!" in between songs.

Any advice on how to cleverly deal with a heckler?

Thanks
[/quote]

if she has in issue with the time between songs, id make her wait longer. after a couple of times say we'll play the next song when she comes out with better material.

Saw this once at a comedy club, the comic held up his hands for quiet, looked straight at heckler and said "let's all wait for her to think up a really good heckle". Everyone looked at heckler who was so embarrassed she left

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1434983445' post='2804395']
Saw this once at a comedy club, the comic held up his hands for quiet, looked straight at heckler and said "let's all wait for her to think up a really good heckle"
[/quote]
Sorry dude , can't help you , you're the one being paid to be funny !

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1434983445' post='2804395']
Saw this once at a comedy club, the comic held up his hands for quiet, looked straight at heckler and said "let's all wait for her to think up a really good heckle". Everyone looked at heckler who was so embarrassed she left
[/quote]

I would have gone with:

"If you want my come back, you'll have to scrape it off your mums teeth first"

Edited by urbanx

She's obviously a shallow one, she.
I think the best thing to do is not responding directly, but to just continue your little inbetween-songs banter about the development of Weltschmerz as a direct result of Sturm und Drang thinking, and Kierkegaard's criticism of it all.

Enlightened, she'll turn around!
I'm sure.

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1435234403' post='2806781']
It's a female heckler, I thought ?
[/quote]

females have mums too.

Not a response I'd personally use, but just pointing out the gender of the heckler is irrelevant. ;)