Why become a member? ×

Nickleback.... er do disco funk????????

LukeFRC

[quote name='barneyg42' timestamp='1425802059' post='2710721']
Hmm, strangely grooving my ass off to that! Could have have done with a screaming lead solo a la Play That Funky Music but quite liked it nevertheless!
[/quote]Definitely solo required, I liked it despite the lack of it though. However, given Nickleback have an absolute army of haters, I feel they've given those folks more ammunition for their hatred.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1425803309' post='2710736']However, given Nickleback have an absolute army of haters, I feel they've given those folks more ammunition for their hatred.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they really couldn't give a f*** what the haters think or say.

I met Chad Kroeger once, he came into the bar I was in after they played in Cardiff years ago. Really nice bloke.

[quote name='amnesia' timestamp='1425812021' post='2710862']
Truly awful song, but they have written some really cool rock tracks so I just skip it when it comes on.

Excellent album production for the genre.
[/quote]not sure if it is a truly awful song. thats a bit strong, but its very pop.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1425807457' post='2710791']

I'm pretty sure they really couldn't give a f*** what the haters think or say.
[/quote]Maybe not, but I was thinking more of the vociferous interweb posters, the ones just on Planet Rock get very steamed up, 'not a rock band' kind of thing. Personally I like them, not all their stuff, but mostly. This song puts me in mind of when Kiss went disco, but way, way better.

Quite enjoyed that. I always get quite confused by the hate they get as they have some pretty good songs. Although saying that they do have some seriously horrendous songs (rockstar being the main example).

People should focus their musical hatred on a bands more deserving of it. Linkin Park.