Why become a member? ×

Ashdown B Social - really?

Muppet

As a practice amp, this is pretty sweet I reckon. I'd rather have it a touch cheaper and not have the recording interface. As a practice tool, being able to jam wirelessly to Spotify would be great. I can do likewise with my cheap practice amp and an RCA cable, but this is far more attractive and smarter. Having thought about it, and if I could justify the outlay, I'd quite like one, with the wooden font, thanks.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1423087503' post='2680700']
Not really, most people already have these things Ashdown have put them in a box.
[/quote]

Not really. I don't have all these things. Ashdown have put in a box everything I would like to use at home.
Without having multiple wall warts and cables.

If you are happy with the mess of your suggested alternative, all's well for you.

[quote name='gelfin' timestamp='1423092310' post='2680817']
Not really. I don't have all these things. Ashdown have put in a box everything I would like to use at home.
Without having multiple wall warts and cables.

If you are happy with the mess of your suggested alternative, all's well for you.
[/quote]

Kind of what I was getting at. Swiss army knife. Not necessarily the best compared to having all the components individually - but like hifi, sometimes its easier to have the all in one without the clutter compared to all the wires.

"Hey mate, come over, we'll practice and record some ideas, bring your interface, your monitors, [s]your lighter[/s], your practice amp......"

Instead of getting under the desk and messing with a rats nest of cables, simply unplug the mains and take your Ashdown B Social.

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1423065276' post='2680239']
If it sounded good, i would pay around £100 less than the RRP. I think it would look nice in my living room. Pity we didn`t get a demo of the sound in the NAMM clip. [b]They are priced at £549 at Gak, [/b]so slightly cheaper than the RRP. Might be under £500 in 6 months time
[/quote]

The GAK price of £549 is without the transmitter.

Looks like a useful bit of kit, put together by a very experienced team. The RRP doesn't seem too unreasonable, but, like everyone else on this thread I haven't tried one... yet. Well done and good luck. I'm looking forward to reading and hearing genuine reviews.

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1422635396' post='2674997']
It's a real shame Ashdown have to come on here defending themselves like this, especially from ignorant comments about frequency response.

They are a British success in a worldwide market, I understand people may not "get" the product but it seems to have turned into an unnecessary flaming a la the Barefaced threads.

Let's leave this one be shall we :)
[/quote]

+1

such bitter criticism, when nobody has actually even tried the product, is ridiculous, whether it's Ashdown, or Behringer or anybody else.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1423167756' post='2681783']
Oh yeah, how would you know then?
[/quote]

[url="http://www.gak.co.uk/en/search"]http://www.gak.co.uk/en/search[/url]

I wasn't likely to just guess it was I.

Edited by gelfin

[color=#000000][font=open-sans, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]£469 including the wireless transmitter and £424 without the transmitter[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=open-sans, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]*If you just so happen to live in the US, and not in the same country as Ashdown[/size][/font][/color]

I live in a small apartment and this could be great for me. To be able to play my bass through it and to also connect my android and Chromebook to play music via bluetooth is something I'd find a lot of use in. Especially if you can play music and bass at the same time, and with headphones. To save on space I usually play my music by connecting my android and Chromebook to a Chromecast, but this could sit where my small practice amp sits and do both jobs.

Assuming it sounded decent when tested I would happily buy it and use it every day. But at £424, and certainly not at £549.

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1423168832' post='2681800']

+1

such bitter criticism, when nobody has actually even tried the product, is ridiculous, whether it's Ashdown, or Behringer or anybody else.
[/quote] what I was going to say - I came had another look at this thread as I wondered why it was still at the top of the amps forum.... we seem to be at page 5 of people hitting ashdown with a stick of a product that isn't even out yet. Mad.

Ashdown could come out with the best amp ever, they could outdo AER for small high performance stuff, they could out boutique your favourite boutique maker... and they would still be damned on here before the thing had even come out.... it's a shame

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1423468693' post='2684995']
Phil Jones Bass launched their Bluetooth-equipped combo at NAMM too.

Dunno anything about price, features, whether it's any good or not, etc.

[media]http://youtu.be/BQD99KtNxlM[/media]
[/quote] the look on phil jones face after he asks the sales guy to demo the quantum 800 and gets the slap fest...!

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1423469214' post='2685002']
the look on phil jones face after he asks the sales guy to demo the quantum 800 and gets the slap fest...!
[/quote]

In this clip? I know... I can only think the guy is part of an elaborate wind-up.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0shUDh-IlM8"]https://www.youtube....h?v=0shUDh-IlM8[/url]

[quote name='ribbetingfrog' timestamp='1423473370' post='2685053']
I saw the photo and the price and thought it was a 2x12,
I think my eyes popped out cartoon stylie when i realised they wanted £600 for a desktop amp!
Eagerly awaiting buying a used one from the one crazy person who buys one.

Pretty though ��
[/quote]

So about the same as the Ashdown....