Why become a member? ×

New Years Eve Gigs, What's Happening?

blue

We've got 3 sets (30 mins x 2 , then a 60 mins) for NYE at a local Boutique Hotel .(Translated that means us playing at low volumes, crammed into a corner whist the guests eat their NYE Meal)! Oh, we do get sandwiches.

I'll amuse you with the unedited Set Lists from the Bandleader who has a fanatical obsession with BPM and Medleys! As you can see the set was carefully chosen to fit in with the New Year theme.... This will probably be our last gig I guess, as our guitar has been depped out due to work issues and although he will play NYE, he is not doing any more and getting a dep to play this stuff has proved difficult.

[b][u][size=6][color=#000000][font=Verdana]Set 1 NYE 2014[/font][/color][/size][/u][/b]

[font=Verdana][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000]1.[/color][/font][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000]Zoot Dukes[/color] [color=#000000](200)[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000000]Am[/color][/font][/size]
[font=Verdana][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000]2.[/color][/font][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000]I feel Lucky[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000000](120)[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000000]C[/color][/font][/size]
[font=Verdana][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000]3.[/color][/font][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000]10 out of 10[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000000](130) [/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000000]C[/color][/font][/size]
[font=Verdana][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000]4.[/color][/font][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000]Night Train[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000000](130)[/color] [color=#000000]Bb[/color][/font][/size]
[font=Verdana][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000]5.[/color][/font][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000]Minnie the moocher (95)[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000000]Dm[/color][/font][/size]
[font=Verdana][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000]6.[/color][/font][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font][size=6][color=#000000][font=Verdana]Temptation Cm (108)[/font][/color][/size]
[font=Verdana][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000]7.[/color][/font][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=6][color=#000000]Medley Chip shop A (180)[/color][/size][size=3][color=#000000](Last outro pattern 8 bars then straight on[/color][/size][size=6][color=#000000] – Bad Moon–C (180) [/color][/size][size=3][color=#000000](end of bar 8 outro = upbeat to next)[/color][/size][size=6][color=#000000]- Route 66 C (180)[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000]8.[/color][/font][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000000][b][u]Set 2 NYE[/u][/b][/color][/font][/size]
[font=Verdana][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000]9.[/color][/font][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000]Proud Mary[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000000]G[/color][/font][/size]
[font=Verdana][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000]10.[/color][/font][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font][size=6][color=#000000][font=Verdana]In these shoes Gm (130)[/font][/color][/size]
[font=Verdana][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000]11.[/color][/font][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000]Why don’t you do right. [/color][color=#000000]Dm[/color][/font][/size]
[font=Verdana][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000]12.[/color][/font][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=6][color=#000000]Medley – Teardrops– Bb (130)[/color][/size][size=3][color=#000000](3[/color][/size][sup][size=3][color=#000000]rd[/color][/size][/sup][size=3][color=#000000] bar last outro figure =bar 1 Mercy[/color][/size][size=6][color=#000000]– Mercy Fm (130)[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000]13.[/color][/font][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=6][color=#000000]Medley – Sea Cruise–C (155)[/color][/size][size=3][color=#000000](end of bar 8 outro = upbeat to next)[/color][/size][size=6][color=#000000] –Rock & roll music G (175) [/color][/size][size=3][color=#000000](2nd bar of tag = bar 1 next)[/color][/size][size=6][color=#000000] –At the Hop (190 !!)[/color][/size][size=3][color=#000000](Bar 9 outro = bar 1 next)[/color][/size][size=6][color=#000000] –G-Jump Jive – G (200!!!)[/color][/size][/font]

[size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000]OLS in F @ midnight[/color][/font][/size]

[center][size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000][b][u][size=6]Set 2[/size][/u][/b][/color][/font][/size][/center]

[size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000][font=Verdana][size=6]1. [/size][/font][size=6]Sweet Home Chicago (170) F[/size][/color][/font][/size]
[size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000][font=Verdana][size=6]2. [/size][/font][size=6]Medley-Jailhouse rock–C (178) [/size][size=3](bar 10 last chorus = upbeat to next)[/size][size=6]–Johnny B Goode-G [/size][size=6]-Caledonia-C[/size][size=3](bar 9 last theme = bar 1 next)[/size][size=6]Tutti Frutti C.[/size][/color][/font][/size]
[size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000][font=Verdana][size=6]3. [/size][/font][size=6]Med-we love to boogie–C ((170)[/size][size=3](to end straight on to triplet riff)[/size][size=6] - ChooChoo Ch’Boogie –G (180)[/size][/color][/font][/size]
[size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000][font=Verdana][size=6]4. [/size][/font][size=6]Medley– Good times roll–G ((130)[/size][size=3](bar 12 last ch = E7 pivot bar to[/size][size=6]–Stray Cat –Am (130)[/size][size=3](bar 8 final verse to F bar 1 next)[/size][size=6]- Tequila –F.((170)[/size][/color][/font][/size]
[size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000][font=Verdana][size=6]5. [/size][/font][size=6]Medley – Let’s Dance F# (160)- Locomotion –Bb [/size][size=6]-Croc Rock – G[/size][/color][/font][/size]
[size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000][font=Verdana][size=6]6. [/size][/font][size=6]Monkey Man Bb (140)[/size][/color][/font][/size]
[size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000][font=Verdana][size=6]7. [/size][/font][size=6]Medley- Shake Rattle & Roll C (175)[/size][size=3](bar 9 of last chorus 2-5-1 walk to intro to next)[/size][size=6] This Ol House-F (180) [/size][size=3](last bar f7 pivot to next)[/size][size=6] Flip Flop Fly Bb[/size] [size=6](185)[/size] [size=6]- Rock around the clock Bb. (190)[/size][/color][/font][/size]
[size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000][font=Verdana][size=6]8. [/size][/font][size=6]– enjoy yourself –C[/size][/color][/font][/size]
[size=6][font=Verdana][color=#000000][font=Verdana][size=6]9. [/size][/font][size=6]Dark end of the street –G-Ab Misty Blue-C.[/size][/color][/font][/size]

Edited by yorks5stringer

We are getting paid very well but will have to complete a marathon 8 sets at the Waterhole in Amsterdam. Great venue though so it should be loud as hell and a lot of fun. The place holds around 300 at max capacity.

Set 1
Jamiroqau – Deeper Underground
Cream - Sunshine o/y love
Pearl Jam - Alive
Nirvana – On a Plain
Foo Fighters – Monkey Wrench
Green Day – Longview
RATM - Wake Up

Set 2
Steppen Wolf - Born to be Wild
Hives – Hate to say I told you so
Velvet Revolver - Slither
Blur - Song 2
Weezer - Pork & Beans
Foo Fighters – Times Like these
AC/DC - Whole Lotta Rosie

Set 3
QOTSA – Feel good hit of the...
Audioslave - Cochise
The Police - Message in a bottle
RATM – Bulls on Parade
Nirvana - Come as you Are
Weezer - Hashpipe
Beasty Boys - Fight for Ur Right

Set 4
Jet - Be my Girl
Live - I alone
Anouk - Jeruzalem
Republica - Ready to Go
Skunk Anansie - Everyday Hurts
Lenny Kravitz - Let Love Rule
Skunk Anansie - Weak

Set 5
Foo Fighters - The Pretender
Audioslave - Show me how to live
ACDC - Highway to hell
RHCP – Under the Bridge
RATM – Bullet in Your Head
The Killers - Mr. Brightside
QOTSA – No One Knows

Set 6
GnR - It’s so Easy
Radiohead - Creep
Muse - Hysteria
Nirvana – Breed
RATM - Take the Power Back
Qotsa - My God is the Sun
Foo Fighters – Everlong

Set 7
Foo Fighters - All my life
RATM – Know Your Enemy
Nirvana - In Bloom
G ‘n Roses – Welcome to the Jungle
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Nirvana – Heart-Shaped Box
Limp Bizkit - Break stuff

Set 8
Green Day - Basket Case
Bloodhoung Gang - Chasey Lain
RATM – Killing in the name of
KOL – Sex on Fire
Nirvana – Territorial Pissings
SPIT - Spit it Out
Nirvana – Smells like teen Spirit

We have a fun gig. We play the same club every NYE. Great hours, 2-7, so, If I want I can go out after the gig and enjoy NYE.

We always have a great, respectful, and responsive crowd at this venue. It should be a fun night for the band and our extended musical family.

Blue

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1419896213' post='2643857']
We are getting paid very well but will have to complete a marathon 8 sets at the Waterhole in Amsterdam. Great venue though so it should be loud as hell and a lot of fun. The place holds around 300 at max capacity.[/quote]

Major coolness, sounds like you guys will have a blast. Nice set list.

Tear the place down. :)

Blue

My band The Disco Prophets have best ever gig we've had for NYE at the best bar/club/venue in Nottingham; it's a v high quality conversion of a beautiful old church. Capacity 650 and manager has made it free entry, as give back to punters (or clever marketing). We are getting extremely well paid; but above all it should be a great party and we're all looking forward to it.

The two 1 hour sets will have people dancing all night too. It's disco and funk classics from late 70s to present day.

Last song of night is Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars!

Edit: Pitcher & Piano on High Pavement in Lace Market, Nottingham if anyone wants to come along.

Edited by Bassnut62

I'll be playing at my local with my 'pop goes punk' style band. It's all a bit fluid in terms of start/stop time, my main two sets are these, but a third could happen if the drummer survives and folks want more.
I should add that the 'pop songs' (and wonder wall) are all unique punked up bespoke versions, a bit 'Green Day-ish'
[URL=http://s34.photobucket.com/user/gafbass02/media/imagejpg1-5.jpg.html][IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/gafbass02/imagejpg1-5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I'm the singer/guitarist in this band though, no bass for me this year, even though our player uses my rig and fx. :-/

Edited by gafbass02

Marquee in the pub car park in the centre of town for me, same place they hold the beer festival in the summer but it is in a smaller tent and we are the only band on using our own PA etc. We go on at 10pm probably 12 songs first set, short break and 12 more songs should take us over the chimes.
I have then got a gig with my other band on Saturday and a wedding gig on Monday night with normal work in between on Friday this week and Monday morning...tired thinking about it. :)

Pics to follow Blue....

[quote name='Bassnut62' timestamp='1419927990' post='2643952']
My band The Disco Prophets have best ever gig we've had for NYE at the best bar/club/venue in Nottingham; it's a v high quality conversion of a beautiful old church. Capacity 650 and manager has made it free entry, as give back to punters (or clever marketing). We are getting extremely well paid; but above all it should be a great party and we're all looking forward to it.

The two 1 hour sets will have people dancing all night too. It's disco and funk classics from late 70s to present day.

[/quote]

I have been in there I think on a stag doo, glass partitions and mood lighting etc all in an old church, raised up wooden areas?

Have a good un :)

We're playing at a pub in Bicester, two one-hour sets of 50s/early 60s covers. It should be fun but we practised last night and the singer has a cold and almost no voice - he's got two days...! I love Christmas, but on NYE I'd just as soon be out working. I'll kiss my wife before leaving and say 'See you next year!'

I've been with this band nearly a year now and it has really built up. We did about eight gigs last year, and we already have nine booked for next year. Most are still pub gigs unfortunately, but we're getting a following. I don't want more than two gigs a month so it's looking good for 2015.

On this point. Does anyone have any advice on where to get hold of stage jackets. You know the score; not too expensive, light, durable and a bit sharp and glitzy?

[quote name='Bassnut62' timestamp='1419927990' post='2643952']

[/quote]
Pitcher and piano ?

No gig on NYE itself as none of the interested venues wanted to splash the cash we wanted, though various members of our band are dipping for others. However, we are booked out on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd!
[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1419895580' post='2643845']
snip/
[font=Verdana][size=6][color=#000000]13.[/color][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=6][color=#000000]Medley – Sea Cruise–C (155)[/color][/size][size=3][color=#000000](end of bar 8 outro = upbeat to next)[/color][/size][size=6][color=#000000] –Rock & roll music G (175) [/color][/size][size=3][color=#000000](2nd bar of tag = bar 1 next)[/color][/size][size=6][color=#000000] –At the Hop (190 !!)[/color][/size][size=3][color=#000000](Bar 9 outro = bar 1 next)[/color][/size][size=6][color=#000000] –G-Jump Jive – G (200!!!)[/color][/size][/font]
/snip
[/quote]

I used to play Sea Cruise in a ska band I dep for - nice tune!

Edit: Dipping for others? :blink: Depping!

Edited by chaypup

No gig for us this New Year's Eve. We were offered one earlier in the year, but turned it down as the other guys decided it wasn't enough extra cash to warrant not having the family New Year's Eves that they'd planned.

Out of interest, what would you say the going rate for NYE gigs is at your typical local pub/social club venue in terms of percentage greater than your usual fee? I ask as the one we were offered, the guy was willing to pay about an additional half on top of our usual fee. We thought that was a little low, considering we got double our usual fee for a Christmas Eve gig this year.

[quote name='Alex B' timestamp='1419943297' post='2644134']Out of interest, what would you say the going rate for NYE gigs is at your typical local pub/social club venue in terms of percentage greater than your usual fee? I ask as the one we were offered, the guy was willing to pay about an additional half on top of our usual fee. We thought that was a little low, considering we got double our usual fee for a Christmas Eve gig this year.
[/quote]

For me i'd say half to double is acceptable (depending on what that is). TBH I really enjoy a good NYE gig, I'm not bothered by being out drinking with friends, but a few beers, playing some music, enthusiastic crowd... there are worse ways to spend a night :)

Country pub in North Herts this year. 9-1, three sets about an hour each. £1,250 for a 5-piece band which I think is about right. I think musicians should be getting at least £200 a head for pubs and clubs, £400+ each for corporate/function.

Pub's organised a lovely heated marquee for all the locals and regulars, should be intimate and fun!

Truckstop

We're playing at the [url=https://www.facebook.com/events/374439386052425/]Adam & Eve[/url] in Birmingham.

Set list currently undecided but probably something similar to:

Gun Of A Tongue
Invasion Of The SpiderQueen
Crypt Tonight
Tight Pants
Doodlebug Blitz
Planet Of The HoneyFuzz
Go f*** On The Sidewalk
Don't Ask Me Why
FFFunny Kinda Luvin
Valley Of The AlleyAligator Girls
Dead Deadbeat Delinquent