Why become a member? ×

How many basses do you have? (Poll)

CamdenRob

Am now down to 3:

2015 US Precision - for gigging use
2015 US Precision - for home use
Bitsa Precision - for backup gigging use

Why do I have a home-use bass - easy, I need bright sounding strings for gigging with, so playing my gigging bass at home would mean constantly needing to change strings. So much better to have a bass purely for home use.

Four at present.
I keep selling stuff I don't need, but then rewarding myself for doing so by buying more stuff.

So I have:

1970 Fender P sunburst/tort
1995 Fender USA P sunburst/white
2008 Fender USA J black/tort
2007 Epiphone Jack Casady Signature gold

I genuinely do think that's my limit tho. I've had more basses in the past, but sold several cheaper ones to invest in fewer, better ones.

These four all get gigged regularly too, so I really don't think I need anything else. Tho I haven't got a Rick, a T Bird, a fretless, a five string, an active bass etc....hmm.

StingRay 5
Dean Stylist Cabbie
B.C.Rich Beast usa
and my old MTD kingston 5 in disassembled state, only need 1 specific pot to be made for it to reassemble. Been like that for three years now /facepalm

Three for me....and I don't really play the bass!!!

I have:
My own design Bubinga Fretless. Taken me a while to get it how I want it but now very happy with it.
The veneered Squier VM Jaguar (per my avatar)
A Harley Benton deko acoustic that, with some D'addario black nylons that cost more than the bass (which I think was all of £30), punches well above its weight

11+? Lucky You! :D
I have only two guitars. This was my first
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TRBX174OVS
And now i have this model
https://gb.muzyczny.pl/147292_Yamaha-TRBX-504-TBN-electric-bass-guitar.html
Well...i'm in love with Yamaha :P

I appreciate that BC is probably not representative of the average bassist, the very fact we frequent a bass forum tends to an interest in the instrument beyond simply banging out a few tunes with some mates at the weekend... but I still find it surprising that only 5% of us have just the one bass.

I would imagine that there are far far more people out there in the real world with just one bass than there are with even two?

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1463551959' post='3052171']
I appreciate that BC is probably not representative of the average bassist, the very fact we frequent a bass forum tends to an interest in the instrument beyond simply banging out a few tunes with some mates at the weekend... but I still find it surprising that only 5% of us have just the one bass.

I would imagine that there are far far more people out there in the real world with just one bass than there are with even two?
[/quote]

This is a very relevant point. Those who are more 'gear orientated' are likely to hang out on a forum about basses, rather than music (irrelevant of instrument). Some bassists (and by that I mean people that own a bass whether or not they play it) have a cheapo Squier/Ibanez/Yamaha and don't really know much else about them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...