Why become a member? ×

How many basses do you have? (Poll)

CamdenRob

• 2 months later...

4 at the moment but with one of them about to change:

Cort A6 (until the buyer collects it) to be replaced by-
Fender Modern Player Jazz V (olly white satin) when it gets delivered hopefully this week!

Warwick Corvette standard 5 active (bubinga)

Harley Benton PJ-HTR Deluxe 5 string (hotrod red)

Heavily modified (defretted and body and headstock completely 're-shaped) Aria Pro II Magna series 4 string (refinned in translucent honey).

Should really update my Sig.

Just want to add a Squier VM PV in Sunburst and I think I'm done. Well until I think of something else I want anyway.

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1422292509' post='2670780']
I've actually got 4, but I only count it as 3 really.... The 4th one is my first bass (Squier P), which lives in the loft and is unplayable. :D

Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor 5
Sandberg Classic Booster 5
Yamaha BB605
[/quote]

So no TRB then?

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1422293367' post='2670796']

So no TRB then?
[/quote]

Weird huh? When I joined Basschat about 5 years ago, 2 of my 3 main basses were TRB's. :D

That all changed not long after when I bought a Sandberg and then ended up selling everything else!

The number of basses in my household is fluctuating.

Currently it's 4:
- Fender P
- Squier J
- Harley Benton 50's P
- Epiphone/Warmoth "Warbird"

A Limelight P is in the pipeline, so I hope that e/o Feb I'll have 5 basses. Anyway, one or two of the above might leave later this year....

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1422266256' post='2670361']

Heavily modified (defretted and body and headstock completely 're-shaped) Aria Pro II Magna series 4 string (refinned in translucent honey).
[/quote]
Do you have any photos of that? I have the five string version and plan on defretting it. I have also considered reshaping it, it's so damned ugly. I was thinking of going with a nice, shiny piano white (it is currently bleurgh whitish).

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1422357436' post='2671476']

Do you have any photos of that? I have the five string version and plan on defretting it. I have also considered reshaping it, it's so damned ugly. I was thinking of going with a nice, shiny piano white (it is currently bleurgh whitish).
[/quote]

Well I went to take some pics and it looks like another refinish is on the cards. The very cheap gigbag it was in has stained bits of the body black :(
Oh well, it did need a bit more work to finish it off anyway (one of the tuners doesn't match for a start).

Here it is though warts and all:

One less than last week.

Bought a cheap silent bass from Germany,Worst purchase ever,replies from seller like hen's teeth,late delivery,
played and sounded crap. Lucky it arrived damage so it was sent back for a refund.

Topper was Parcel Force quoting £52 in the P.O. and charging £24 online inc extra insurance and text alerts.

I'm up to 4 basses now - the rack is in the pic below, with the most recent addition sitting front and centre.

Fender Deluxe Active Precision (my original, 10 years old)

Fender Mark Hoppus P (nearly a year old, my main bass these days)

Squier Bass VI (an indulgence, cool to play, looks killer)

Yamaha Attitude Special (the Taiwanasaurus, newest acquisition)

Changed my vote from one to two, since the arrival of the bargainest bass of the week, the Harley Benton cheapie acoustic.

I can't decide if I like the noisy factory phosphor-bronze strings or not. Yesterday I didn't, and very nearly ordered some nylons to replace them. But they sounded great with a pick this afternoon, so apparently the jury's still out...

Just two basses, a Martin 3/4 Concert Double Bass which I play every day, mainly classical music; and a Fender Squier VM 70s Jazz 4 which is about a month old and has hardly been out of the case but which will see the light of day this week for a rehearsal with a singer/pianist

Edited by Lazybirdpete