Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

This has been an ear-worm for a few days... don't know why, but listed to it a few times since.

Great song, written for The Pogues by a friend of the band. I'd assumed up till know that it was an old song (at time of recording I mean..... I suppose it is an old song now!).

The Pogues - Navigator

• Like 1

This has been an ear-worm for a few days... don't know why, but listed to it a few times since.

Great song, written for The Pogues by a friend of the band. I'd assumed up till know that it was an old song (at time of recording I mean..... I suppose it is an old song now!).

The Pogues - Navigator

On 22/02/2022 at 00:48, Baloney Balderdash said:

This absolutely astonishing beautiful instrumental, with one of my absolute favorite guitarists, Bill Frisell :

Mr Sverrisson is an Ace Musician. Saw him with Allan Holdsworth (Brentford Waterman's) when he toured Hard Hat Area mid 1990s.

• Like 1

I'm listening to Pixies live at Disco Rodeo. Absolutely brilliant performance, really well recorded. The bass sounds amazing. 

Pixies fans will hunt me down for saying this but I think Paz is doing a better job than Kim. Kim was one of the greats but Paz is just even better. 

Refused - The Shape Of Punk To Come

I'm as habitually late to the party as ever and finally got round to listening to this album which is widely (and fairly) regarded as a classic.

Hearing it now, reminds me of when I finally got round to listening to At The Drive In - clearly excellent and has influenced many others as I can hear how it's sound has trickled down to many later bands.