Why become a member? ×

How do you enter the stage..so to speak...at a gig?

Jigster

We just amble onto the stage, stand around looking bored for five minutes while our drummer adjusts his in ear monitors, carefully selects which sticks he is going to use and moves one of his toms 5mm to the right . Then he goes bap bapadap badap bap and we're off!

I'm the only one in the band who has a problem with this approach.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1403095791' post='2479690']
We all have individual walk on music and enter the stage one at a time flanked by two girls in heels and inappropriatly tight clothing..
[/quote]

That's the way to do it :D

Infact that is how I do it. We have two girls in the band, one on guitar and one singing :D

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1403095908' post='2479693']
That's the way to do it :D

Infact that is how I do it. We have two girls in the band, one on guitar and one singing :D
[/quote]

We have a girl in our band too...

She comes on flanked by two muscular guys in tight pants... in the interests of equality...

Coincidentally, for most of our gigs it sounds like I'm playing with my feet...let's see the Flea boy beat that...

EDIT: For a real answer, I think it's a perfect time to use the phrase "shambling on like Wombles"...

Edited by Muzz

We wander over and pick up our instruments and then stand around until the lead horn player tells us what tune we are going to play. There is then a moments frantic activity as we look for the requisite chart and then, bam, we're off.

We open with wont get fooled again but as we have no keyboard player i have sampled the keyboard intro off the original track and have it playing on a continuous loop while we walk on and pick up the instruments. It was my idea and should work well in principal but our guitarist still feels the need to play a couple of other riffs before we are supposed to all come in

We have an improvised intro piece that we work on for sound checks, it sometimes incorporates bits of other songs, soundtracks, whatever we've worked out.

It starts with the guitarist walking on stage, plugging in and starting a chugging riff.

The drummer walks on next, gets behind the kit and starts a beat.

Bass player comes on next, starts laying down some low end.

Finally the vocalist strolls on and starts yelling.

Rock n' roll ensues...

Me and singer elbow our way through the punters to the miniscule corner where we're playing. Me carrying fully tuned up instrument. Drummer ambles up next and fiddles with his hi-hat for an eternity.
Meanwhile guitarist is outside having a fag. Eventually he shows up, tunes up and starts fiddling with his pedals. Bends over and inadvertantly displays his (substantial) arse to the whole pub.
Singer makes a few jokes at his expense.
Eventually we get going after me and singer have been stood there like chumps for ages.
(BTW, we are both girlies but neither of us wear high heels!)

Clambering over trumpets and trombones, working my way past tightly packed music stands,
treading on musicians feet, avoiding end pin cello spikes, usally in the dark while trying to avoid falling into
the bell end (or a bell end) of a giant tuba and never to be seen again.

[URL=http://s1344.photobucket.com/user/gwcmusic/media/n9427377_33942880_7606_zpsedbc636f.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p657/gwcmusic/n9427377_33942880_7606_zpsedbc636f.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Other than that just walk on and pick up my bass and wait for a "1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and", even if the tune is in 3/4. :D