Why become a member? ×

please delete due to general lack of interest

artisan

But I like looking at stuff I can't afford (which is everything...) and I wouldn't want to have to sign in anonymously for fear of being shamed!

Perhaps the different sections could require different passwords, made up of either your annual income or your monthly mortgage payments?

Edited by KingBollock

[quote name='allighatt0r' timestamp='1398960320' post='2439481']
This is a great idea for the marketplace!

- £1000 and up
- £500 to £1000
- £350 to £500
- £200 to £350
- The grotty bargain bin.

Saves trawling through all that posh crap....!!! :)
[/quote]

Would also save the capitalists from having pay the butler to trawl through all the cheap todge :P

- £1000 and up
- £500 to £1000
- £350 to £500
- £200 to £350

[/quote]

Haha that's exactly it! It makes getting to the 90s Encore P bass copy
advert take ages at the moment because of all the adverts for rare pino pallawalladingo precision or the 47 string custom made basses from 10,000 year old balsawood!

Edited by Greggo

[quote name='Diablo' timestamp='1398962000' post='2439510']
Would also save the capitalists from having pay the butler to trawl through all the cheap todge :P
[/quote]
Exactly! The Bounder is demanding an increase in pay to do it too!! :o

Edited by Grangur

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1398950108' post='2439311']
lol
this place seems to be turning into "Fenderchat" no other makes will be tolerated :)
[/quote]

That's why I moved to Yamaha, Fender is so 2013. It's the first time in about 20 years I haven't owned a Fender bass.

- £1000 and up
- £500 to £1000
- £350 to £500
- £200 to £350

[/quote]

Only problem is Fender sell basses in every one of those brackets which would mean me waiding through all their stuff. :D

Edited by BassBus

It would be nice to be able to do more structured searches of the For Sale bits. The down side however is most likely to be increased spending on basses etc. leading inevitably to chastisement, mental cruelty, abuse, assault with a deadly frying pan, castration, death and divorce. Not necessarily in that order.

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1399014922' post='2439893']
It would be nice to be able to do more structured searches of the For Sale bits. The down side however is most likely to be increased spending on basses etc. leading inevitably to chastisement, mental cruelty, abuse, assault with a deadly frying pan, castration, death and divorce. Not necessarily in that order.
[/quote]

Well so long as the divorce happens before the castration and death then you are still in the game so to speak! You can count it as a lucky escape :blink:

Good point well made. To date purchases have been met with a combination of rolling eyes, exasperation, auditing of bank records and general abuse. So all good :)

There is a distinct possibility that I might have accidently forgotten to declare bass #5 to the boss so things may take a turn for the worst. Gentle reminder that the BC Code Of Conduct When Talking To Partners applies, and that if questioned by Mrs ead the required response is along the lines of..."ooh, I don't think so, I though he only had two basses."

Edited by ead

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1398987787' post='2439827']
what happens if you start at £375 and reduce the price to £340. Would you have to change its forum? :D
[/quote]

Course not! It's your own silly fault for putting it in the lower middle class section in the first place!!! :lol:

- £1000 and up
- £500 to £1000
- £350 to £500
- £200 to £350

[/quote]

Christ, would you want to have to be moderator for that lot?? Cos I'm blowed if I would.

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1399032903' post='2440218']
Christ, would you want to have to be moderator for that lot?? Cos I'm blowed if I would.
[/quote]

I can't see it being too hard to program in a search function on the basis of the already existing price field that you have to specify when selling an item...! Removes the need for human moderation, and as that price field can't be edited after the thread is started, it gets round Woodinblack's problem above.

I own 2 Fender basses and 1 Fender guitar (among others) - does that mean I'm 'hip'? It would be a big improvement over 'predictable'.

Anyway, we are prolonging artisan's agony by keeping this thread open :(