Why become a member? ×

please delete due to general lack of interest

artisan

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1399039607' post='2440351']
I dont get the Fender bashing on here. I thought we are above all that. If more people use them it stands to reason they get mentioned more.
Seeing as the first post has been changed (same time the dummy was throuwn out by the looks of it) i have no idea what this thread is about, but it seems to involve a few digs at Fender.
[/quote]

It's not so much Fender themselves but the boring predictability of the "I have rediscovered the P bass and it's the only thing I'll ever need and I don't see why anyone else could possibly want anything else" posts. It's comparable to Harley riders. At least Harley persisted with the V-Rod. Fender have never persisted with their brief bursts into innovation.

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1399048355' post='2440488']
I think it's the standard basschat member progression. We start off talking on topic and being reasonable. We proceed to going way off topic even from post two in a thread and lose all claim to reasonbleness. Then we get to stage three where we still go immediately way off topic and have no claim to reasonableness, but believe that we are staying on topic and being reasonable.
[/quote]

Having spent many years in newsgroups before the interwebs arrived, I can only say that a thread that fails to go off-topic in the first post is far too unadventurous.

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1399159094' post='2441716']
Probably for the best. :)

[/quote]
That looks like one of their 12 string headstocks - looks like a well known Ebay luthier has been at work converting it :ph34r:

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1399238849' post='2442401']
You're more than right. It still has 12 strings over body and neck!
Impressive technology that, with only six tuners and stuff.
[/quote]

Your right, my dodgy eyes didn't spot that - makes it look all the more ridiculous!

[quote name='Adee' timestamp='1399048364' post='2440489']
I've just ordered a Gibson Bass .... Whoops sorry nothing to see here but tumbleweed and the sound the wind .... I'll get me coat
[/quote]

Tumbleweed? It'll be chased down with pitchforks and torches followed by a night in the stocks. Don't complain to me - oh, what I wouldn't give to be spat at in the face! Welcome aboard ;)

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1399376766' post='2443534']...I'll express it in SHOUTY TEXT. So there!

:D
[/quote]

You may be interested in a Caps Lock Indicator..?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/236223-wireless-keyboard-caps-light-utility/page__view__findpost__p__2443475"]Caps Lock LEDs...[/url]

;)

I have always felt that the Fenders are the hamburgers of the bass world.

Unfortunately the vintage ones have somehow turned from burgers into lobster, steak and caviar plus prices.

I must admit, I do like a burger now and then.

BassHappy
www.innertainment.net

Edited by BassHappy

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1399018543' post='2439945']
Is this a Fender bashing thread?? Just thought I'd check before I joined in...

BTW only Fender item I own is a watch...
[/quote]

What time is it? Three minutes to eight? (19:57) fnarrr, fnarr.

I have owned a few Fenders. The only one I regret getting rid of is an Olympic White '62 Bass IV (matching headstock). It was lovely. All (yeah, right, one of each) Ps and Js were ... very, er, dull.

EDIT: OK, I've had a few drinks and obviously I meant VI, and not IV, because one of them would be true and make sense, and the other is what a mad drunk person would say. Sorry. I thought the '57 Precision joke was quite good, so don't hate the player, hate the game ...

Edited by Back to Bassics