Why become a member? ×

The realities of being the bass player?

The Admiral

I think there saying that the bass player is solid, self reliant, not needy and only attracts a mate that is deserving, who are rare things, in contrast the singer and guitar playing go for anything that breathes

If the keys player is happy, he's better off than the singer and guitarist as their are many dramas that come with fickle chicks

reverse the sex of anyone mentioned above if your a lady bassist :)

[quote name='The Admiral' timestamp='1390089261' post='2341450']
Hmmmmm"...........?
[/quote]

Unfortunately this analysis has been applied to those who don't play.............. Bongo basses. All toilet humour aside (especially those who play the biggest toilet context bass ever......the 'I only play a P, bob' brigade), the Bongo is the biggest chick magnet guitar ever - I've had far more 'may I touch your instrument' moments from women using that bass than any other!!!! The other basses usually attract gentleman admirers (of the instrument....bass.......) well you knew what I meant!!!

Edited by drTStingray

I assume we are talking about "rock" music as whether you like it or not, its 'defined' by the guitars. But, Jazz for example has no "favourites", they all get the girl/boy, same with Punk. Not sure about Reggae as I would say that 'bass' has a bigger part in the sound, who knows...

Just my opinion

[quote name='Coilte' timestamp='1390127020' post='2341617']
You'd wonder how these "surveys" are compiled, and even if true (which I doubt), that someone would admit to attracting zero women. :blink:
[/quote]

Wonder no more. It is not a survey. It is a T-shirt design.

Saw some for sale on the bay recently and dallied with the idea of posting a link here. But exposure to [b]The Horrid Truth[/b] would deter all those bright-eyed newbs down in 'Introductions' so I cancelled my intent ;)

[quote name='Dom in Somerset' timestamp='1390129564' post='2341670']
I play bass, sing and play flute, fighting them off with a sh*tty stick.
[/quote]

Beat them off with a sh*tty flute and make it part of the act, kind of like a misogynistic Jethro Tull tribute act.

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1390128905' post='2341652']
I am a Bass player who sings as well - My four wives are happy with that.
[/quote]

Do you find being polygamous in Essex much of a problem, Gary? Four wives must cost you a fortune in white stilettos, never mind what the neighbours say .

[quote name='drTStingray' timestamp='1390134744' post='2341748']
Unfortunately this analysis has been applied to those who don't play.............. Bongo basses. All toilet humour aside (especially those who play the biggest toilet context bass ever......the 'I only play a P, bob' brigade), the Bongo is the biggest chick magnet guitar ever - I've had far more 'may I touch your instrument' moments from women using that bass than any other!!!! The other basses usually attract gentleman admirers (of the instrument....bass.......) well you knew what I meant!!!
[/quote]

If I had a pound for every woman who has come up to me and asked for a feel of my Bongos then I would probably( almost )have enough money for a set of Ernie Ball Cobalts!