Why become a member? ×

What would you buy with £500

Dennis1971

If I had £500 waiting to be spent on basses I would probably get 3 or 4 (or if I was really lucky/ desperate, 5 :) ) JapCrap basses that I haven't tried yet. I have a gigging bass I am happy with, have a couple of keepers, so I think to myself why not just be frivolous?

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1388770608' post='2325923']

Why on earth would you want a watch? It gets in the way when you are playing your bass and if you really need to know the time it's on your phone.
[/quote]

I suppose if you're wearing a pocket watch on a chain around your neck, that might cause problems. Otherwise, how does a watch get in the way when playing? Surely fumbling around for your phone, mid set, would be more obtrusive? ?

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1388777051' post='2326013']
I suppose if you're wearing a pocket watch on a chain around your neck, that might cause problems. Otherwise, how does a watch get in the way when playing? Surely fumbling around for your phone, mid set, would be more obtrusive? ?
[/quote]

Why would you even want to know the time when you are playing? You should be putting all your effort in to entertaining the audience. Not worrying about what the time is.

Several of my bands including the current one have a strict no watches on stage policy because we think they look rubbish and image is an important part of our performance. IMO the majority of men's watches are ugly over-sized pieces of crap anyway.

Edited by BigRedX