Why become a member? ×

Feedback time - your opinions please?

Kiwi

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1366642945' post='2055335']
I like the arguing, and the bickering and the fighting. it's why i come here.
Possibly the only place on the net where after the dust has settled everyone shakes hands and readies themselves for round 2...

:)
[/quote]

No it isn't

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1366636189' post='2055190']
That's a [i]lot [/i]of laughing.
[/quote]

yes... I wasn't actually laughing that much... but having ICAP errors here so I was in and out of connection. When I tried to clear/edit the post, I thought I'd lost it completely..the post, that is... so surprised it made it through.

I wasn't going to write it again.... so will have to live with it as it is :lol:

I've been enjoying the forums for a while now and I don't feel like much has changed, but then I guess I haven't really been here long compared to some other members. I have to be honest, I never donated anything from the few sales that I've made but am much happier now that there is a fee that I have to pay because it feels warranted. I've also frequented many an Internet forum and have seen appalling moderation in terms of either favouritism or power trips, but the quality of the moderator team on here is top notch. :)

The issues that have arisen from specific topics in 'Off Topic' have resulted in the responsible members just making fools of themselves which is quite funny to me. :)

[quote name='Jellyfish' timestamp='1366647199' post='2055430']
The issues that have arisen from specific topics in 'Off Topic' have resulted in the [i]responsible [/i]members just making fools of themselves...
[/quote]

[i]Responsible[/i] members? Phew, that lets me out then... ;)

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1366646465' post='2055404']
...no he isn't (please be aware of the missing oh)
[/quote]

Yes he is - he's hiding in that wheelie bin over there... and he's got the missing 'oh' stuffed down the front of his pants! Eww!

But to get back on topic - I don't think the administration needs to worry too much. If members are reacting to mods' efforts with hostility, then clearly this is totally unacceptable and their privileges should be restricted!

And they must also be lashed until they drop, then dragged naked round the streets of Deptford - the entire process to be recorded and shown on prime-time TV and YouTube. That should please the Daily Mail readers!

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1366582364' post='2054578']
The joy of the forum software is that the figures are a matter of public record - should be all the information you need in the forum, Pete.
[/quote]

I wasn't aware that there were any stats published - where can I find them?
I could go to the forum and count the postings, life is too short and that method isn't likely to be very accurate. It would be very easy for the hosting site to offer stats based on the log files, but I don't know whether this info is readily available.In the absence of any statistics, it's much easier for me to just claim that the numbers of postings have gone down, and then someone else can compile the evidence :-)
Edit - I now find myself having to edit raw html - hadn't noticed this before, guess I'm doing something wrong as usual

Edited by pete.young

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1366651731' post='2055502']

I wasn't aware that there were any stats published - where can I find them?
I could go to the forum and count the postings, life is too short and that method isn't likely to be very accurate. It would be very easy for the hosting site to offer stats based on the log files, but I don't know whether this info is readily available.In the absence of any statistics, it's much easier for me to just claim that the numbers of postings have gone down, and then someone else can compile the evidence :-)
Edit - I now find myself having to edit raw html - hadn't noticed this before, guess I'm doing something wrong as usual
[/quote]

Bugger, I did kinda want you to go and count then all! :lol:

I'm not privy to any site MI, sadly.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1366541639' post='2053661']
I have no complaints whatsoever. It a wonderful forum and very well moderated for the most part. The odd few complainers don't really indicate a trend for me.
[/quote]

This.

It's a model of how an Internet forum should be. The mods should be harder on the 36 hour bumping rule in market place but that's my ONLY criticism. They do a good job and I have learned lots here from the people

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1366703032' post='2056041']
This.

It's a model of how an Internet forum should be. The mods should be harder on the 36 hour bumping rule in market place but that's my ONLY criticism. They do a good job and I have learned lots here from the people
[/quote]

We're pretty firm but can you imagine trying to spot it constantly. It gets REALLY boring :lol:

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1366541639' post='2053661']
I have no complaints whatsoever. It a wonderful forum and very well moderated for the most part. The odd few complainers don't really indicate a trend for me.
[/quote]

This. :) Keep up the good work chaps!

I think this is a great forum, and I really enjoy the banter and discussions, and I take part in the discussions when I can, because I enjoy them, but I do take issue with the small (very small) minority of people who seem to think having a different opinion is cause to launch abuse at one another. This is not an issue I have with the forum, but with some individuals within it. I find when somebody comes in to a discussion with a negative attitude, it harbours more negative attitudes.