Why become a member? ×

Feedback time - your opinions please?

Kiwi

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1366707226' post='2056106']
[size=4]Yeah, go [/size][b]help[/b][size=4] yourself you absolute [/size][b]lovely fellow[/b][size=4]head[/size]
[/quote]

I'm sorry, but the above statement is not consistent with the number of asterisks in your original abuse. :P

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1366703032' post='2056041']
The mods should be harder on the 36 hour bumping rule in market place but that's my ONLY criticism.
[/quote]

With the number of Marketplace posts we get on a daily basis, the 36 hour bumping rule is probably the hardest thing for us to spot being broken.

If anyone spots it being broken then click the 'Report' button or send us a PM - just let us know and we'll sort it out.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1366708937' post='2056148']
But.... these people are now paying, in effect, for an ad...
Should there be such a firm 36 hrs...??
[/quote]

The 36hr rule was put in place to give everyone a fair chance of having their advert shown on the first page or two of the forum without it being deluged by bumped ads within an hour of being posted.

Now, this is only my opinion, but if people are now paying for ads, we have even more responsibility for ensuring an ad is given the fairest chance of success without being deluged.

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1366709561' post='2056165']
The 36hr rule was put in place to give everyone a fair chance of having their advert shown on the first page or two of the forum without it being deluged by bumped ads within an hour of being posted.

Now, this is only my opinion, but if people are now paying for ads, we have even more responsibility for ensuring an ad is given the fairest chance of success without being deluged.
[/quote]

If anybody is that desperate to sell quickly, surely they can put it in their signature anyway. In any case, i've found I get message sometimes a couple of months after i've put an ad up and not bumped it. I don't necessarily see the point in constantly bumping, because if you have something people are looking for, they will find it. Just my opinion. 36 hours is pretty generous I think.

Hey kiwi, I think as a whole this site is great. I must admit I was a little miffed at first when my classified add was not accepted due to not being financial. But then when I compared it with value for money against eBay, combined with the priceless info I get from the member of this forum on other topics, it seems justifiable. Although maybe as a sweetener you could offer financial members discounts on BC merchandise? I do like those polo shirts!

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1366710024' post='2056169']
If anybody is that desperate to sell quickly, surely they can put it in their signature anyway.
[/quote]

Nope. :)
There's even a Marketplace rule specifically banning that.

Before anyone askes me, I don't know why. :)

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1366712363' post='2056208']
Really? I didn't know that... I wonder why...
[/quote]

It's because we can't allow private sales from a signature, they have to be from the for sale forum. The signature would be a way to dodge this.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1366712543' post='2056212']
It's because we can't allow private sales from a signature, they have to be from the for sale forum. The signature would be a way to dodge this.
[/quote]

No no, I mean include a link to the ad you have paid for. Is that allowed?

I don't have any complaints, even though I had my wrist slapped last week!

Mmm? Feedback. The PM notifier symbol. Can you change the colour to something like a cyan,
and/or maybe flash on and off. I've left a few message responses longer than necessary, because
it's all orange in that top corner. Ta.

Balcro.

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1366712704' post='2056216']
No no, I mean include a link to the ad you have paid for. Is that allowed?
[/quote]

Nope, because we would have to check every link to make sure that it actually goes to your for sale ad.

Still on the subject of sales, I seem to have noticed a proliferation of seemingly innocent posts (under Bass Guitars, or another of the specific forums [i]outside[/i] the Marketplace) along the lines of "I'd really like to sell X, I wonder how much it would go for?". Isn't that a way of inviting PMs and trying to make a sale by circumventing the rules, rather than a genuine request for opinions or info? Or am I being too cynical (in which case, I apologise in advance)?

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1366713655' post='2056239']
Still on the subject of sales, I seem to have noticed a proliferation of seemingly innocent posts (under Bass Guitars, or another of the specific forums [i]outside[/i] the Marketplace) along the lines of "I'd really like to sell X, I wonder how much it would go for?". Isn't that a way of inviting PMs and trying to make a sale by circumventing the rules, rather than a genuine request for opinions or info? Or am I being too cynical (in which case, I apologise in advance)?
[/quote]

I think it's a fair point.