Why become a member? ×

Feedback time - your opinions please?

Kiwi

[quote name='bobbass4k' timestamp='1366562682' post='2054085']
And to be perfectly frank, that isn't helped by mixed signals from the mod team.

[/quote]

This can be the case. If a mod gets involved in the debate then takes the huff and locks up, it a bit like, well it's my ball and I'm taking it home. But the mods come from the members, and it would be a bit rough if all a mod could do is act as an editor. Over-all it's like a bell curve, fat and juicy in the middle with some questionable stuff at the edges.

[size=4][quote name='bobbass4k' timestamp='1366562682' post='2054085'][/size]

[size=4]occasionally with a citation of the "try and avoid religion, politics, and anything sexist please" "rule".[/size]

[/quote]

It always makes me laugh when I read this caveat. I mean, WTF else are you really going to talk about in Off Topic? Just about everything else in life is covered in the rest of the forum.

For the most part BC is the next 2 quotes, a place populated by those with a good fun sense of humour. Add to that the huge knowledge base, what I perceive to be a light handed touch by the mods (YMMV) , a source of GAS and a place to sell my stuff (to finance GAS) to like minded souls is why I'm here and will remain. There will always be naysayers and they tend to shout louder than most but the majority will out, this thread an example of that very thing.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1366559342' post='2054013']

Shut up you, they'll uncover us all...

Ped... no..[size=3]. I was just joking....[/size] [size=2]please not the pit ... [size=1]not again.... please.... aaaaaaaaaargh..... they gave fumps back the kazoo![/size][/size]
[/quote]
[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1366561310' post='2054041']

My biggest gripe about BC is I post daft stuff that I think is dead funny, and not one person ever quotes the post and laughs. And for that reason alone I'm cancelling my as yet unpaid subscription because all you lot is a shower of b@stards.
[/quote]See Billy sometimes people do quote your stuff, keep it up mate :D

Great site, £20 very fair, especially as I'm now settled with what I have so nothing to sell :D

I think the bad vibes that do happen on OT could reflect the times we are going through with a lot more divisiveness in life in general. Overall though I still think the site is very "entertaining" :ph34r:

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1366564540' post='2054134']...Over-all it's like a bell curve, fat and juicy in the middle with some questionable stuff at the edges....[/quote]

You mean that it's at each extremity one finds the bell-ends..? :unsure:

[quote name='bobbass4k' timestamp='1366562682' post='2054085']
any thread started about a vaguely controversial topic will very quickly by inundated with "well this isn't going to end well" type comments, essentially writing off the thread as a car crash before it's even got going
[/quote]

That and "IBTL"

Thanks for asking for feedback, mods - much of the time basschat is mine of useful information, laughs and pleasant diversions.

However there are certain posters who I wish would follow your lead and request feedback for themselves.

In terms of mods getting involved in threads and posts, the bulk of actions come from members reporting something they disagree with - as opposed to the moderating team sifting through everything.

We got a [b]lot[/b] of reports. Some are clear cases, but many not - and all are insistent for a response or some kind of action. You might start a light-hearted thread, which can unwittingly and mortally offend half a dozen other members for all kinds of reasons - and there are some very serious reasons, why you simply could not foresee. It can make it very tough to please everybody - if such were even possible!

I enjoy Basschat and it is less bad feeling than many other forums I belong to.

As far as OT is concerned I partake carefully and opt out when it starts getting personal. One of the forums I belong to has a forum called "The Fireplace", it's restricted to members who've made a reasonable number of posts and the Mods apply one rule consistently "attack the argument not the person" if it descends into personal abuse then sanctions occur. Seems to keep it in check.

Steve

I guess I am a fairly recent convert to Basschat, I came here by recommendation and decided to stay, this is the first and only forum I actively visit and contribute to, I like OT and will contribute to quite a few of the threads but will stay out of threads that I consider are overly confrontational (Art or Entertainment springs to mind for some strange reason)

I recently posted about the homeless people evicted into the snow and had nothing but supportive and kind comments from my fellow Basschat members.

As a football fan of a lousy team (I guess that doesn't narrow it down too much!) I also looked recently at one of their forums, I spent five minutes looking at the bile and hatred spilling out of every other post, I shall not be returning anytime soon!

I have paid my £20....listed 1 item...nobody wanted it....no problem here, I sold it on Ebay and swallowed the huge fees, I would obviously sooner have sold it on here but that's the way it goes.

So thanks to the Mods and my fellow Basschat members I think this is a rather nice place to visit

[quote name='davehux' timestamp='1366572883' post='2054331']
It's all crap. The £20 is a rip-off. The mods need therapy. No one has EVER given a decent answer to one of my questions.

I hate you all

;-)
[/quote]
Mods! Mods! Over here quick!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1366576347' post='2054436']
Question is, DOES IT BLEND?
[/quote]

Never mind this sillyness or the original topic, let's get to the important stuff.
WHAT is that bass in your avatar discreet, nut width and weight as well please :gas:

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1366577215' post='2054453']
Never mind this sillyness or the original topic, let's get to the important stuff.
WHAT is that bass in your avatar discreet, nut width and weight as well please :gas:
[/quote]

Yes. And who's the knacker playing it? He looks familiar, is it Scrofulous Hedgehog's bassist?

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1366577389' post='2054459']
Yes. And who's the knacker playing it? He looks familiar, is it Scrofulous Hedgehog's bassist?
[/quote]

Just Google Crimewatch. Sorry I'm on here so much tonight, Satan The Sister In Law is here for a few days. She is watching The Village and I'm depressed enough thank you :(

[size=4][quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1366577215' post='2054453']WHAT is that bass in your avatar discreet, nut width and weight as well please :gas:[/quote][quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1366577389' post='2054459']Yes. And who's the knacker playing it? He looks familiar, is it Scrofulous Hedgehog's bassist?[/quote][/size]
[size=4]It's my Custom P - nut width 44.5mm approx (I think - The Bass Doc would know for sure) and it's just under 8lbs.[/size]
[size=4]Yours truly playing it while trying not to look fat. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/116578-precisions/page__view__findpost__p__1572223"]http://basschat.co.u...ost__p__1572223[/url][/size]

Edited by discreet