Why become a member? ×

If you could play bass in any band...

Nibody

[quote name='WhoNeedsYou' timestamp='1365430398' post='2039457']
Actually the PERFECT band for me would be the runaways, though i would turn my nose up to the drugs unless they involved cake!
[/quote]
When you say "turn my nose up to the drugs" dies that mean you wouldn't or wouldn't partake.

As Dave Swift's job has gone, I would enjoy doing Will Lee's gig on the Letterman show. A wide variety of artists to play with & sensible working hours - sounds perfect to me.

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1365231210' post='2036917']
Foo Fighters, seen them live loads of times and always come away thinking it would be my dream job.
[/quote]
+1

Edited by HMX

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but do record company house bands like the Funk Brothers count in this list? If so then they have my vote. I can't imagine how amazing it must be to work with so many great musicians and to perform and record with different talents every day, and best of all - to be given free reign on the bass part!

• 8 months later...

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1387735106' post='2315038']
Hello, is this going again? :D

OK then...

Ken Dodd's Dad's Dog's Dead.
[/quote]
F**k!I supported them at the Red Lion in Brentford!

Back on track.....I'd back up Rory Gallagher,Richard Thompson or play for XTC.

Herbie Hancock's band.

In some ways, Zappa's band would be preferable. But I've heard that he was a hard taskmaster and that playing in his band was musically rewarding, but not always pure enjoyment.

Weather Report would be nice too, but I think that Zawiunul comes up with fewer cracking melodic tracks than Hancock.

Edit: Jan Hammer?

BTW: I listen to mainly pop/rock. But this thread is about which band I'd like to play in if I could.

Edited by Annoying Twit

I'm also in a band I'm really happy with. I also wouldn't want to hear me in most of my favourite bands as the bassists are a vitally important part of the music and sound, but that aside I'd love to play in/with any of the following:

Hawkwind circa Space Ritual or Warrior (i.e. Lemmy era)
Seal (1st 2 albums)
KT Tunstall
ABBA
Return To Forever

Involving time travel, Metallica on the Shattered Justice tour, without a Tardis, Down or Cave In would suit me very well.

I have recently come across a small band from Brighton called Sea Bastard I'd love to play for, if their bass player quit I'd give auditioning serious consideration.