If you could play bass in any band...

Nibody

[quote name='BobVbass' timestamp='1388302427' post='2320502']
Status Quo 1969-1976
Blackfoot
Electric Light Orchestra
Frank Sinatra's Orchestra Madison Square Gardens 1974
[/quote]

Nice to see Blackfoot getting a mention - a hugely underrated band IMHO.

ELO might require a tight perm, which would make taking the gig a tough call surely?

Edited by The Admiral

Ah, we keep returning to this like a dog to its vomit.

This is going to sound well pretentious, but at the moment I don't think I could be playing with a better bunch. We were in the same class at school in the 70s. How weird is that? And how unlikely is it that we're all still alive?? Our lack of success in other ways seems almost secondary to that fact! :D

Also I think that being magically transported into the band of your choice may not be bowl of cherries people think it would be. A lot of successful name bands have members who are on the very limit of sanity, who have suffered for their art in various ways and would not be at all easy to get on with. I'm sure that being a rock star is not the sinecure people think it is.

Getting to the top takes guts, talent, luck, and the willingness to sacrifice everything - family, relationships - wealth, even. It wouldn't be like a jolly holiday or a trip down the pub with your mates. It would be hard, grinding work, lots of pressure, mentally challenging and probably very disturbing as you would need to stare into the abyss and come face to face with yourself in Hell.

Nah, just joking - it would be bloody great!! :lol:

Edited by discreet

If it was a band writing and performing great material right now it would have to be Rival Sons.

If it was a chance for over-the-top playing I'd say Living Colour (Doug Wimbish).

If I could travel back in time, Hendrix when he first hit the live scene in the UK, just to see the audience faces as they watch him for the first time.