Why become a member? ×

JDH

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1357817006' post='1928782']
"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!"

I should really finish off those lyrics one day. Might make a few bob. :ph34r:
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Watch that somebody doesn't steal them from you in the meantime..

I once clicked on the "Member" tab at the header by accident & was surprised at the number of memberships which were created and never used, especially some written in Russian style cyrillic. Presumably that's why members are described as "active" rather than counting them all.

There should be an account delete button; some may use it and wish they hadn't later during an emotional flounce but it would be handy tool to have. I had a forum account hacked once, by a complete d*ck-head & couldn't do anything about it because that had no delete option either.

The only other option is being banned, which can be inconsistent and to a degree, IME, clique-based - though [u][i]some[/i][/u] ;) mods/admins don't appear to be aware of the effect of banning a member from one part of the forum has on other parts.
For eg. Off Topic banning also automatically applies to the Ebay and Technical pages too, there are others but I can't remember just now.