Why become a member? ×

***36 hour bumping rule in the Market place***

Dood

Hi everyone,

I'm reminding all users of the Marketplace forum to reacquaint themselves with the forum [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=rules&f=19"]guidelines[/url], including the 36 hour bumping rule described [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/183234-rule-changes-to-marketplace-36-hour-bumping-rule-and-trade-valuations/"]here[/url].

The moderation team is having to spend too much time chasing up unnecessary thread 'bumps' when there's plenty of other work that needs doing on the board.

I realise that the 'market' is a bit slow at the moment - this is the same for everyone and this happens from time to time on the forum. However, forum users are not daft and will happily search through recent posts for what they are looking for.

[size=3][font=arial, sans-serif][b]Any posts that break the 36hr bumping rule will be deleted without notification[/b][/font].[/size]

The moderation team also implores you. If you see someone breaking this rule, report the post. If we dont get a report we dont know it is happening unless we look at the thread whilst passing by.

The classifieds are a free service DONT abuse it. Otherwise we may have to implement stricter measures to prevent it from happening in the future which would be unfair on the many who do follow the rules.

[quote name='barneyg42' timestamp='1350389832' post='1838104']
Do we need to look at the "nice bass but can't afford" type bumps that are done by people other than the OP? Obviously out of their control but still leading to excessive bumping.
[/quote]

Its almost impossible to put in a policy for that without losing the community feel. However if you feel someone is bumping specific users ads in multiple instances. Then report it.

Wow! What fantastic looking post, really wish I could afford it but my leg fell off and needs replacing and my wife just left me taking the ten kids, Ferrari, BMW X5, Porsche and Ford Cortina with her so I have to walk ten miles to work, without a leg! Ah well hard times but I'll keep my head held high and if I can sell the cat and my remaining daughter I'll have it off you!

BUMP!

Edited by barneyg42

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1350397200' post='1838247']
[b]Failure to comply[/b] will result in a very nasty out come for the perp.[/quote]

:o ....... as in "you now have 5 seconds to comply"?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMihmYf4WJI&feature=related[/media]

......... it's a new style of moderation!