Why become a member? ×

Good one/two line lyrics...

Lfalex v1.1

They can be incisive or deep and meaningful, famous/published or your own originals. Quote your sources and no plagiarism after the fact please!

I'll start with:

"What do you mean I'm not kind? Just not your kind." (Dave Mustaine, Megadeth)

"It doesn't matter what you say.... ' cos they'll always find some meaning in it anyway." (Henry Rollins, The Rollins Band)

Bands, those funny little plans, that never work quite right. (Holes by Mercury Rev)

Compassion and emotion are our most important safety values,
If we lose them, then ‘we lose’ the vitality of life itself. (This is The A.L.F. by Conflict)

Edited by pst62

"If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all" - Born Under A Bad Sign/Albert King (written by Booker T I believe)

"I Started Out With Nothing, And I Still Got Most Of It Left" - Seasick Steve

"Time Flies Like An Arrow, Fruit Flies Like A Banana" - Groucho Marx (OK, it's not a song lyric but it should have been!)

Few more Oceansize ones (hey, I can't help it if Vennart's a lyrical genius....):

"Well junkie says is not what junkie do" - New Pin

"Feathernest, invest and gain, shiny brass is milk and grain, and yours is to just sustain and chip away with haste" - Ornament/The last wrongs

"And did you know, that everything you touch is blessed and all the richer. for your love a better being. If I display just a fraction of the soul you shared in this world, then I know I'll see you again" - Music For A Nurse

And of course some more Falco:

"My band is better than your band, we got more songs than a song convention" - mclusky, to hell with good intentions

"First we organise the parents, then we arm them with our jam, next we send them to environmental health inspectors while we make our stand: No free lunch" - Future of the Left, destroywhitchurch.com

"I can't let something as french as fear determine this insecurity" - FOTL, with apologies to Emily Pankhurst

"What kind of orgy leaves a sense of deeper love?" - FOTL, you need satan more than he needs you

Hmm, that's a lot, oh well, lyrics is nice.