Why become a member? ×

NBD - Fender Roscoe Beck IV in da house!

wateroftyne

Hi folks

I've been on the hunt for a Sunburst PJ with block markers, tort guard, P profile neck, 70s logo.

So, when I saw this [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Roscoe_Beck_Bass"]Roscoe Beck IV[/url], which has virtually none of those attributes, I just had to buy it.

In my defence, I've wanted one for years, since I first read about them...

Sold as a used bass, but unplayed - virtually untouched, in fact. Plastic still on the pickguard, bag of goodies unopened, clear plastic ramp still in it's packet (what are these for, anyway?).

First impressions plunking it in the office... medium-weight (8lb 9oz or thereabouts), resonant, beautiful...

I'll be taking it to out very own The Bass Doc tomorrow to have him run his eye over it. And then, if it's a keeper, I'll be asking him to make a tort guard for it. :)

More as I have it!

Edited by wateroftyne

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1325859306' post='1488898']
Hi folks

I've been on the hunt for a Sunburst PJ with block markers, tort guard, P profile neck, 70s logo.

So, when I saw this [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Roscoe_Beck_Bass"]Roscoe Beck IV[/url], which has virtually none of those attributes, I just had to buy it.

In my defence, I've wanted one for years, since I first read about them...

Sold as a used bass, [b]but unplayed - virtually untouched[/b], in fact. Plastic still on the pickguard, bag of goodies unopened, clear plastic ramp still in it's packet (what are these for, anyway?).

First impressions plunking it in the office... medium-weight (8lb 9oz or thereabouts), resonant, beautiful...

I'll use it at a rehearsal tonight, but I'll be taking it to out very own The Bass Doc tomorrow to have him run his eye over it. And then, if it's a keeper, I'll be asking him to make a tort guard for it. :)

More as I have it!
[/quote]

Well not quite since during its travels its been through a few of our sticky fingers :D . Oh and thats NOT lemon oil on that rosewood finger board ;) :blink: . Still an interesting purchase. Intreaging bridge to.

A

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' timestamp='1325867782' post='1489127']
I love these. Except for the lack of pan pot...
[/quote]

I can understand that.

When I use a J, I only over really use neck solo'd, both full on, or neck backed off slightly so I'll not be missing anything...