Why become a member? ×

Back in a band at last.

obbm

For those of you that know me I had a pretty torid time following major surgery exactly 2 years ago which has precluded me from any serious gigging. Finally things have settled down so I was startiing to look for a band when I was recently contacted by a local drummer to see if I wanted to join a band he was putting together. We finally we got together in a rehearsal studio last night and spent almost 4 hours running through loads of numbers. It's heavy blues covers by the like of Joe Bonamassa, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Jonny Lang, SRV, etc. plus some blues standards, Clapton, Cream and Free numbers for good measure. Three of the four of us are retired so there are a good few years experience. Now we've got to sort a set, nail it and find some gigs. It's great to be back playing again. As for gear I used the Shuker PJ5 which I grow to like the more I play it, Orange AD200B and an Epi 2x12. Weighty, but nice tone.

[quote name='Marvin' post='1343816' date='Aug 17 2011, 11:07 PM']Excellent news, all the best.

BTW, what sort of leads did you use :)[/quote]

Made by some outfit called "rock-wire". Very local to me. :)

[quote name='obbm' post='1343621' date='Aug 17 2011, 08:18 PM']For those of you that know me I had a pretty torid time following major surgery exactly 2 years ago which has precluded me from any serious gigging. Finally things have settled down so I was startiing to look for a band when I was recently contacted by a local drummer to see if I wanted to join a band he was putting together. We finally we got together in a rehearsal studio last night and spent almost 4 hours running through loads of numbers. It's heavy blues covers by the like of Joe Bonamassa, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Jonny Lang, SRV, etc. plus some blues standards, Clapton, Cream and Free numbers for good measure. Three of the four of us are retired so there are a good few years experience. Now we've got to sort a set, nail it and find some gigs. It's great to be back playing again. As for gear I used the Shuker PJ5 which I grow to like the more I play it, Orange AD200B and an Epi 2x12. Weighty, but nice tone.[/quote]

Well done Dave :) You'll have to PM me when you start gigging and I'll pop along.

Glad to hear some of my old kit is getting some action too :)

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='1344077' date='Aug 18 2011, 09:48 AM']Glad to hear some of my old kit is getting some action too :)[/quote]

Well you know I only use equipment that has the OHM seal of appproval. :)