Why become a member? ×

I own NINE basses!

thebrig

Ahh well , I had 8 up until the other month, then I did a silly thing like do the obligatory basses on the settee photo shoot , where upon her indoors suddenly

realised how many I had!

Had to sell one to keep the peace ,and go and buy her a mic , totally out of order if you ask me :)

[quote name='plumbob' post='1210700' date='Apr 25 2011, 10:40 AM']Ahh well , I had 8 up until the other month, then I did a silly thing like do the obligatory basses on the settee photo shoot , where upon her indoors suddenly

realised how many I had!

Had to sell one to keep the peace ,and go and buy her a mic , totally out of order if you ask me :)[/quote]

And what would of been wrong with getting her a Larry Graham style mic that just so happens to be bolted to the side of a really nice bass? 2 Birds one stone :)
[attachment=78343:graham_larry.jpg]

[quote name='Johnston' post='1210780' date='Apr 25 2011, 12:38 PM']Can I just rub it in that my Mrs wants to buy more and even helps me pick them. She bought the last one on ebay and has the next two picked out :) :) :lol:

Na nar na na nar[/quote]
That's it!

I'm heading for the "Basses For Sale" section!

i now have to check the colour scheme with the missus, she heckled me into getting rid of my natural finish $$, i now have a black & red fender jazz

<<<< this is why the ATK had to go as well (the cat stayed)

Edited by Shawman

[quote name='neepheid' post='1210698' date='Apr 25 2011, 11:38 AM']The day we stop looking is the day we die.[/quote]
+1
In addition, unlike ladies basses don't get jealous.

I am currently at 14 basses (15 on Tuesday when I at long last will welcome a Jaydee to my stable) and find that they all contribute something of their own. If I enjoy the character of a bass and it gets played regularly it tends to stick around, if not they get traded or sold. I'm circulating basses at a much lower rate today than 3-4 years ago and am very happy with how the ones I have speak to me.

Also, as far as addictions go, one could be much worse off IMO. :)

[quote name='Johnston' post='1210894' date='Apr 25 2011, 02:18 PM']That's a whole different website :) :) :lol:[/quote]

Wifechat.co.uk

I've only been playing bass for 1 and a half years and I'm on my 8th bass. I'm always scouring the for sale section.

I keep looking at the great amps available or very little money aswell!

[quote name='thebrig' post='1210629' date='Apr 25 2011, 09:01 AM']What is it with me?

I have nine very nice basses, and yet as soon as I log onto this site, I head straight to the "Basses For Sale" section.

How can I overcome this addiction?[/quote]

Only 9, don't worry, you're not a bad case :)

I don't head straight for the "for sale" forum, but I do check it now and then even if I only have one bass right now in mind (one of those Squier Classic Vibe 51 P-basses in butterscotch blond finish)... :)

[quote name='thebrig' post='1210629' date='Apr 25 2011, 09:01 AM']What is it with me?

I have nine very nice basses, and yet as soon as I log onto this site, I head straight to the "Basses For Sale" section.

Get a really sh*tty job that pays f***-all?
Works for me.

You can't.....
Welcome to my world :) :)

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1210964' date='Apr 25 2011, 03:48 PM']I've only been playing bass for 1 and a half years and I'm on my 8th bass. I'm always scouring the for sale section.[/quote]

By the time I had been playing for 18 years I had owned 6 basses.

Since the invention of Talkbass, Basschat and Egay I have owned a further 60 odd in the space of 6 years

I may only have one bass but its about the 70th one I've owned.

The cure for gas is just try everything you can get your hands on, sell it then buy something else. Its worked for me to the extent that i just can't be bothered doing it any more.

My list is 15 basses in 9 years, only one have I had for a while (since 2003), the others less than 6 months. I expect the rotation will slow down as I am the happiest i've been for some time with the Overwater (despite a grass is green moment a few months ago). The T-Bird was something i'd wanted for years and has poor resale value so will probably stay too !

I think more will come instead of some going... now where's that Fireglo Ricky ?

I`ve owned 17 basses in all, am now down to 2 - my lowest amount since joining Basschat I might add, the GAS caught me dreadfully when I joined up, only a year ago!

Whilst I would still love a decent Jazz, as I think they look so great, I just don`t get on with them, so hopefully will stick with my 2 US Precisions.

you've not got any fenders yet. start there... then super jazzes, then high end stuff.......

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1211192' date='Apr 25 2011, 08:35 PM']you've not got any fenders yet. start there... then super jazzes, then high end stuff.......[/quote]
I've had Fenders in the past, Precisions, Jazz's amongst many others.

I've probably bought/sold/traded around thirty in the past five years.

Although I have had many so-called "high-end" basses, the ones I play and gig most, are my moderately priced Ibanez SR500 & SR505.