Why become a member? ×

Woo hoo! Rattlin Bone reviewed by London Evening Standard

Clarky

[url="http://standardlondonevening.wordpress.com/2011/04/10/stranger-than-paradise-rasp-thorne-the-briars-dj-sacha-dieu-the-gadjo-club-rattlin-bone-hootananny-9-april-2011/"]http://standardlondonevening.wordpress.com...y-9-april-2011/[/url]

[quote name='Sawtooth' post='1194900' date='Apr 10 2011, 06:50 PM']any vids knockin' about? :)[/quote]
This one, although its one of our least gypsy ones

and here's a montage with a cover of 'Speaking of Happiness' we have done that is being considered for inclusion in the next series of vampire programme True Blood, again a slower paced one (we do much pacier songs too)

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='discreet' date='Apr 10 2011, 07:11 PM']I'm definitely coming to the next one if you've got deranged clowns. :)[/quote]
For the big festival gigs (Meadowlands in May and Upton Blues in July) we are hoping to have more circus sideshows including fire-breathers as well. oh and our sousaphone player can play on stilts!

Edit: here's our sousaphone player in his other band, which entirely comprises musicians on stilts
[attachment=77128:The_Top_...t_Band_1.jpg]

Edited by Clarky

[b]An Open Letter To Clarky[/b]

Dear Clarky,

I have been experiencing a growing sense of unease. At first, it seemed like a good idea that you were out and gigging. But as you revealed more details about your so-called 'project' it has become clear to me that you have fallen in with a bad crowd. Fire-eaters, stilt-walkers, clowns? Foreign travel? Frolics fuelled by inebriation?

You are associating - frankly - with a very louche set. To which ghastly crew you now propose to add American Television Executives.

It is just not good enough. (Not that I'm jealous of your success. Oh no).

Cast your mind back. Go on, do. Once you were content to trade excessive numbers of expensive bass guitars and chaff online with BC members. Now you don garish make-up and drink blood. Do you not see the inherent contradiction?

For the sake of your soul, return to hunching over a keyboard, posting on topics such as string gauges and thumb-rests and Kit-Kats. Like the rest of us bedroom warriors.

You will thank me for this in the long-term, but words of apologetic gratitude are not necessary. A simple early 60's P-bass will suffice.

As the late Clare Rayner used to say - Do it for me, lovey.

Yours, etc

Skank

Edited by skankdelvar

:) :) :lol:

I will return to bedroom warrior when they see through me and realise I am actually pants at double bass :D

Anyway its all a convoluted ploy as I have now traded every Fender bass ever made and - having mined this seam - feel the need now to trade every double bass amp and pickup ever made Edited by Clarky