Why become a member? ×

Imaginary Jam Session: Which Drummers Would You Like To Play With?

funkypenguin

[quote name='paul_5' post='1104434' date='Jan 26 2011, 09:46 PM']Either Tim "Herb" Alexander or Danny Richmond.[/quote]
First Ler, now Herb. Primus fan at all?

In my Britain it'll be compulsory.

A class mate of a friend of mine is cousins with Primus' drummer, not sure which one though!

Dan

[quote name='pietruszka' post='1104439' date='Jan 26 2011, 09:50 PM']First Ler, now Herb. Primus fan at all?

In my Britain it'll be compulsory.[/quote]

Yes, absolutely. Only now that I'm really starting to analyse my playing style do I realise how much of an influence Les etc... had on me during my formative years. I suppose it's the whole '3 is the magic number' thing, in that everybody has to contribute to the material to maintain the vibe and energy. Primus just do it in spades. I also like Rush and the Police for the same reason - lots of space to fill, so everyone works just that little bit harder.

Steve Jordan, ?uestlove, Jeff Porcaro, Rick Marotta, Bernard Purdie (ridiculous he hasn't been mentioned yet!!), Steve Ferrone, Steve Gadd, Vinnie C, Abe Laboriel Jr., Omar Hakim, the list really is endless.

I'd like to play with Manu Katche too but he's meant to be very difficult to get on with on a professional level according to Abe Laboriel Jr.

Edited by risingson

Bill Stewart, Paul Motian, Airto Moriera, Jeff 'Tain' Watts, Jack DeJohnette, Billy Kilson, Nate Smith, Marvin 'Smitty' Smith, Joey Baron, Martin France, Jimmy Cobb, Jeff Ballard, Jeff Hamilton, Ian Thomas, Clark Tracy, Dave Weckl....

+1,000 for El Negro.

A lot of good drummers there & I'd be happy jamming with any of them.

I'm gonna shout 2 that haven't been mentioned....

JoJo Mayer & Cobus.

Two outstanding drummers & I think they'd be a complete joy to jam with, both can play very precicely too. :)

Phil Rudd.

Lock it down (drums and bass) and make it so tight no f**ker can get in....................

Everyone thinks he plays simple, and he does, but i recall playing the Black Ice album to my old drummer who spotted loads of bits Rudd did that he couldn't play.....

That aside, Neil Peart is probably the greatest living rock drummer by a long way.

Moon is (or was) incomparable.