Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

current wish list

chilievans

[quote name='Chris2112' post='999202' date='Oct 24 2010, 07:44 PM']I'd like a 4 string ACG Harlot singlecut fretless and a Status Kingbass Artist I think![/quote]

+1 for the Kingbass - also like a 4x10 can and a small amp head too - something reliable!!

Graeme

ps...reckon Santa is reading this thread...me hope so!

[quote name='rOB' post='999404' date='Oct 24 2010, 09:22 PM']I would like an amp that I can carry in one hand but has the ability to play quiet and loud with enough power to fill a medium size bar/pub and cut through a drummer and 2 guitarists.

oh and sound like creamy thunder![/quote]

Well that's easy enough - Orange Terror Bass.

If you haven't tried one, do so. Simply awesome piece of kit.

Sting's '57 single coil P bass
Rickenbacker 4003S
Yamaha BB5000a
Gibson Thunderbird 1976 Bicentennial
Chandler Royale 12 string
Dean Demonator

Reeves Custom 225

That's what I'd have if I had a large pile of money but I'm really happy with what I have. I think the Rick would be first though

Edited by Delberthot

[quote name='Delberthot' post='999479' date='Oct 24 2010, 10:34 PM']Chandler Royale 12 string[/quote]

You don't really mean that. Tell me you don't really mean that.

With all those other great basses in your possession, when would you actually play that thing?

:)

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='999487' date='Oct 24 2010, 10:41 PM']You don't really mean that. Tell me you don't really mean that.

With all those other great basses in your possession, when would you actually play that thing?

:)[/quote]

I love 12vers and the Chandler is the daddy - nothing else can come close

plus with only 2 weeks until I see Cheap trick what will Tom be using? His Waterstone, Hamer or the Chandler?

Gibson RD Artist (post 1979 with the 2 switches for the Moog board instead of the single 3 way)
Any other weird non EB/SG Gibson basses which take my fancy.

On the amp front - seriously considering downsizing (and getting louder at the same time) with an Ibanez Promethean + extra 10" cab. Why break your back for 230W into a hulking 4x10 when you can get 250/500W into a lightweight, modular 2x10 setup?

Edited by neepheid

MXR M82 envelope filter was high on my list until today - when I bought one for the princely sum of about £65 brand new at a bass event in the USA.

Wasn't planning to spend any money at all but spotted Bootsy on the MXR stand & then remembered the M82 - asked the guy behind the counter if he'd sell one & he said $100 cash only :)

An ACG 6-er
A bongo 6-string stealth.
A slab bodied '51 p.
I've always fancied a Rick.
I've always wanted a Sadowsky R5.

Major GAS for a new upright: shame I can't justify it in any way shape or form! Just have to learn to play the one I have...

Edited by dougal

Also having major GAS

I've pared my list down a bit, but this is fairly good for now

Cort GB34A in CAR (see this [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=107960"]thread[/url])
ACG Recurve 4 Fretless (mostly down to BottomEndian's build thread :) ) - gotta have the single triple-coil pickup, two-band EQ and coil tapping
RIM Custom Jazz - JJ pickup arrangement, Audere JZ3B preamp (Vol/Vol/2EQ stacked tone)
Sandberg California JM4 (in CAR or LPB)
Stingray 4H 2EQ/3EQ

Maybe room for a 5'er in there somewhere
Waterstone 12-string bass (after seeing the bassist for Clatter use on on her Youtube videos)
Markbass 108HR?
Sell the EBS gear and go Neo, Barefaced Compact/Midget combo or Super 12T

Think that'll do for now

My wish list is to get my number of basses down to 2 that I completely bond with (from 4 currently) and to get an acoustic EUB (Eminence or Kolstein) for rehearsals/gigging around London for when I am coming straight from work or don't have the car

flip vintage tremalo
mxr bass envolope filter
boss bf-2 flanger
presription electronics overdriver
boss geb-7 bass equalizer
tonebender fuzz
+ a couple of red witch pedals (delay etc)

a Wal MkII 4 string.

have been working my way through a long list of pedals.............GAS sucks! :)

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='999423' date='Oct 24 2010, 09:42 PM']Well that's easy enough - Orange Terror Bass.

If you haven't tried one, do so. Simply awesome piece of kit.[/quote]

oo, looks like just the job. Just need to start saving up!