Why become a member? ×

musicians NOT to use

4 candles

Bass players to me are really cool and down to earth, and i love them. I often invite bass players into my home (for non sexual purposes) but too sell/buy basses, and i feel totally at ease. A drummer would scare me and also a guitarist.

but......

sometimes we all need to find other musicians, or recomend others to dep or otherwise when we are busy

I want to start a thread for musicians to reccomend and to avoid (NOT BASSISTS)

Name and shame sh*t deps, players and names that are banded around. Name good players who are unreliable, name and shame them...... and name good players so we can all benefit.

im gonna start with sh*t players........

anyone who has recently graduated from leed uni "jazz course"

Regards

Mark

AVOID THE FOLLOWING:

Drummers:

Billy Fanta - Leeds - Nasty alopecia, cover your pint.
Terry Gibbler - Slough - Wears a ski mask all night, even during interval.
Brian Filbert - Okehampton - Haemophiliac who plays all his solos with his hands. Bring paper towels.

Guitarists:

Ben Feesty - Colchester - Endless lies about his "big patio" - he hasn't got one.
Matt Edgeless - Leith - Only plays in key of A. Gets sulky and leaves if asked to transpose
Phil 'The Waltzer' Orm - P'boro - Gets pissed and beats on any midgets in the audience. Total twat.

Keys

Manny Boyes - Bicester - A junkie with only one arm. Obvious problems.
Liam Monplaisir - Hereford - Great player, but steals carpet from gigs. Loose bowels. Use a wireless.

Edited by skankdelvar

You, sir, are a legend.

Funny thing is that I used to play in a band with that guitarist from Leith who couldn't transpose anything - He had about 6 Ritchie Blackmore Strats all tuned differently and the same number of Tony Iommi SGs - He does live in Edinburgh as well

Edited by Delberthot

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='988752' date='Oct 15 2010, 02:12 AM']AVOID THE FOLLOWING:

Drummers:

Billy Fanta - Leeds - Nasty alopecia, cover your pint.
[b]Terry Gibbler - Slough - Wears a ski mask all night, even during interval.[/b]
Brian Filbert - Okehampton - Haemophiliac who plays all his solos with his hands. Bring paper towels.

Guitarists:

Ben Feesty - Colchester - Endless lies about his "big patio" - he hasn't got one.
Matt Edgeless - Leith - Only plays in key of A. Gets sulky and leaves if asked to transpose
Phil 'The Waltzer' Orm - P'boro - Gets pissed and beats on any midgets in the audience. Total twat.

Keys

Manny Boyes - Bicester - A junkie with only one arm. Obvious problems.
Liam Monplaisir - Hereford - Great player, but steals carpet from gigs. Loose bowels. Use a wireless.[/quote]

Didn't he use to play for Samson?

:)

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='988752' date='Oct 15 2010, 02:12 AM']AVOID THE FOLLOWING:

<snip>

Keys

Manny Boyes - Bicester - A junkie with only one arm. Obvious problems.[/quote]
Pretty sure I've met him - lost his right arm in a freak surfing accident (says it was a shark, not sure I believe him :)). Favours the left-hand end of the keyboard :lol:

HTH, Ian

Some guy called EddieHimself. He edits all his recordings to make himself sound like a really tight musician when in actual fact his timing is all over the place. You can't really place whether he's supposed to be a drummer, bassist or guitarist because he's learned all 3 instruments to a pretty mediocre level, a "jack of all trades, master of none" as it were. Avoid like the plague...

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='988752' date='Oct 15 2010, 02:12 AM']Terry Gibbler - Slough - Wears a ski mask all night, even during interval.[/quote]

Wasn't there some sort of nastiness between him and Tony Goggle back in the 70s ?

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='988512' date='Oct 14 2010, 10:08 PM']You want to avoid the bass player from obviously 5 believers especially when he's armed with an ashbory, LMII & Schroeder 1212L.[/quote]
Don't you find the Ashbory a little light to get a good swing with? I keep trying to wind myself up to the point of actually building one which would be nice and solid, ideal for those rapid blows that you can't get in with a more clumsy full-size bass. Does anyone else find that a 36" scale slows their swing down too much?