Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

just took ownership of this amazing AshdownCl610 today, ive played a lot of cabs using my Ampeg cl head n this trumps the lot of em :-) ..............................................A total match made in heaven .[attachment=216833:IMG_20160412_225013.jpg]

[quote name='danbowskill' timestamp='1460498887' post='3026374']
just took ownership of this amazing AshdownCl610 today, ive played a lot of cabs using my Ampeg cl head n this trumps the lot of em :-) ..............................................A total match made in heaven .[attachment=216833:IMG_20160412_225013.jpg]
[/quote]

Equally cracking!

The beauty for me is in the compact, efficient and simple nature of my rig... B)

My gigging set up that serves me well!

Barefaced Super Midget Cab
Gallien-Krueger MB 500 Head

Black Fender Jazz Bass Special
White Fender Jazz Bass Special

TC Electronic Spectracomp
Big Muff Pi
TC Electronic Polytune
T Rex Fuel Tank

Line 6 Wireless System

Love it!

[attachment=216989:12439373_1066158590111592_4887110462370635846_n.jpg]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1461866546' post='3038373']
Here's a quick update to my rig.
Got the Ashdown 810, from ern500evo, fixed up to a useable state.

It sounds bloody fantastic to me...
[/quote]
Glad to see the old girl in action again!

Downsize complete!

If I leave the Geddy at home, ultra portable rig with a big sound. Taken me a while to dial in the Steiny, but cracked it this week. Just didn't realise how powerful the 18v circuit was as I've been playing passive's over the last few years!

Edited by Wilco

Gigged this last night and thought I'd get a picture on the way in from the car this morning as the sun is shining.
Absolutely loving the precision through this amp and the Palmer Depressor gives a lovely defined punch. May not be the most sophisticated compressor but works for me.

Also a sort of downsize. I rarely play loud in the house as I prefer to use headphones and my Vbass unit but I recently got this great little ABM combo for a bit of 'rumble'. It also doubles as a sub for my office stereo!

Got an absolute bargain!

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/pedullaman/media/73EE2C61-135A-4413-9ACC-B42A19FE4090_zpshcxzu31d.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/pedullaman/73EE2C61-135A-4413-9ACC-B42A19FE4090_zpshcxzu31d.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1461866546' post='3038373']
Here's a quick update to my rig.
Got the Ashdown 810, from ern500evo, fixed up to a useable state.

It sounds bloody fantastic to me...
[/quote]

Thats a "non-rat" JJ500, one of the first 10? I've got one - brilliant head!! Running it into an ABM610. Whats the box on top? I like mine with a SolidgoldFX Beta or SFT in front

[quote name='doctorbass' timestamp='1463003214' post='3047823']
Thats a "non-rat" JJ500, one of the first 10? I've got one - brilliant head!! Running it into an ABM610. Whats the box on top? I like mine with a SolidgoldFX Beta or SFT in front
[/quote]

I emailed Ashdown asking how many of these heads were made. I think they came back with "somewhere between 10 and 20, not sure exactly". I got this after I had 2 Ampeg PF-500s fail. The JJ500 hasn't missed a beat and sounds a bit of a monster through the 8x10.

The yellow box is a DIY Zen Drive clone. I added a blend control in where the dry signal is pretty much a flat response and the wet side rolls off the bass around 250-300Hz, IIRC. The pedal is always on and runs 70/30 wet/dry. It turned out to be a brilliant addition, now you can dial in anything from the merest hint of dirt to a full on distortion and retain as much low end as you want.