Why become a member? ×

Horrible Basses

Well,some hate headless. Some hate pointy basses. Some hate Fenders.

Me? Two of the basses that irritate me are : Warwick NobbyMeidel Headless bass.(Just plain ugly,and the worst headless bass I've seen)
Hofner 'Beatles' bass. (just looks boring ,and apart from 6o's tribute bands,who else uses them?)

Let's see what you all love to hate :)

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' post='951162' date='Sep 9 2010, 09:50 PM']Well,some hate headless. Some hate pointy basses. Some hate Fenders.

Me? Two of the basses that irritate me are : Warwick NobbyMeidel Headless bass.(Just plain ugly,and the worst headless bass I've seen)
Hofner 'Beatles' bass. (just looks boring ,and apart from 6o's tribute bands,who else uses them?)

Let's see what you all love to hate :)[/quote]

Headless basses, they just look SO wrong. Something's just ..... missing.

I cant say that i hate any basses..if they play well im there...i like the thought of taking a certain 'genre' associated bass and taking into another genre...Sometimes this is not possible..but ive always thought you could smoke a funk tune on a Riky...Im not that keen on the shape myself but i would still play one...Ive never been keen on the weight of Gibson basses but i still like em...

Cheap and nasty basses arent good..im not talking cheap basses..im talking cheap basses that are just sold with no thought whatsoever to the end product, or the user...

there just sh*te..

oh and vastly overpriced basses...although i wouldnt turn a free one away

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='951202' date='Sep 9 2010, 10:17 PM']Alembics, Foderas and Ken Smiths.[/quote]
Even this Alembic, Wayne?

[attachment=58509:alembic02.jpg]

Yep its mine and I think its sex on legs, well with strings anyway

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='gjones' post='951251' date='Sep 9 2010, 11:04 PM']Guess which one of these basses I dislike the most [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1g9LcZTTJk&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1g9LcZTTJk...feature=related[/url][/quote]

It's funny that he's got more strings and frets than all the other bassists put together and yet he sounds like complete arse.

It's got to be a MusicMan. Why design a stringed instrument and put the pickup in the wrong place? One pickup placed close to a string anchorage point where the vibration is minimal! Huh.... and as for that tear-drop pick guard. Looks like product differentiation for the sake of it.

Rickenbackers just look old for the sake of it. The curly knob-end to the top horn is at least good for keeping a grip on it, - stops your hand slipping off - but otherwise.

Balcro.

[quote name='BigRedX' post='951246' date='Sep 9 2010, 11:02 PM']Fender (especially if it's shabby looking), Fender copies, Musicman, Warwick. All horrible.[/quote]

[size=5]+1[/size] And all Fender derivatives; making the top horn bigger or straighter, or keeping the shape but making it smaller isn't "designing", it's just boring, very very very borin-zzzzzzzzz