Why become a member? ×

OldGit

Rich

[quote name='Pris-' post='959478' date='Sep 17 2010, 02:16 PM']Man.... Even tho I come here ever so un-frequently, I know of him and have exchanged a couple of lines with him. This is horrible news! :)[/quote]
I bet you never spat in his coke. Coke drink that is, not lines of coke.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Over the past few months, I've found that I've got less and less time to spend on Basschat, so I've sadly only just read the extremely sad news about Si.

I never met Si but my first dealings with him (when he gave me website advice) left a lasting impression on me.

He was always willing to put himself out to others. in fact, he was helping me for free at the same time that he should've been helping out a paying customer instead. He was honest and forthright, but what an incredibly witty guy. No matter what he said, and no matter how harsh (but invariably true), it was impossible to be offended.

i still look back at the advice Si gave me now and again when I need to refresh my memory. What a shame that he's no longer with us to offer that advice to many others in a style only Si could.

I'll raise my glass to a sad, sad loss.

RIP Oldgit

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1336906' date='Aug 11 2011, 07:45 PM']If you need a hand search through the countless posts, let me know. I'm pretty sure that goes for most of us here.
It might make it easier if a few of us took a date/section each & PM'd you things? What do you think?[/quote]

That would work well.

If you'd like to take the lead & keep anyone who wants to get involved organised, that would be great Wayne. Would that suit you ok?
Anyone wanting to get involved in doing so, put your name below & we'll all get a section to search through.

What a lovely idea guys! If you need a mod to edit the post after it has 'gone live' - I know that any of us would be happy to do that, but include me and I will endeavour to help. I can pin it or close it so that we have a clean post to refer to - Maybe even post it in the BassChat Wiki guys!

Doooooooooooooooooooooooood

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1336981' date='Aug 11 2011, 08:49 PM']If you'd like to take the lead & keep anyone who wants to get involved organised, that would be great Wayne. Would that suit you ok?
Anyone wanting to get involved in doing so, put your name below & we'll all get a section to search through.[/quote]

Count me in please.