Why become a member? ×

Fender phone anyone?

tredders

Taken from the Gadget Show website: -

T-Mobile is the chosen US network for carrying Google’s new Nexus One smartphone, and today it has secured a second mobile coup – a limited edition version of the HTC Magic dressed up to look like a Fender electric guitar.

The HTC myTouch 3G Fender Edition – which uses the Magic’s name in the US – was first spotted last year, but now guitar-loving phone lovers Stateside can get their hands on one for $180 on a two-year contract.

And it’s not just on the surface that the Fender Edition pays homage to the classic guitar maker: an equally respected name has lent his considerable talents under the surface, Slowhand himself Eric Clapton.

There’s a host of Clapton-esque content loaded up onto the phone, including some of his biggest hits like “Layla” and “Wonderful Tonight” along with a guitar-themed app centred around the music legend.

You also get a Fender-styled case and docking station with built-in speakers. Now all we need is news that the Fender Edition is making its way to Slowhand’s home country here in the UK.

Pics are here: - [url="http://fwd.five.tv/gadget-show/gadget-news/htc-magic-gets-fender-treatment"]http://fwd.five.tv/gadget-show/gadget-news...ender-treatment[/url]

[quote name='bubinga5' post='714120' date='Jan 15 2010, 06:15 PM']Well ive got Fender socks, pants, cap, tshirt, tie, condoms, erm...bra..... i want it!!!!! :lol:[/quote]

Ah, a fellow Fenderphile. I share your pain! :)
I´ve got socks, pants, robe, slippers, 20 odd shits, Shoes watch, wallet and a few caps

Condoms? :rolleyes:

Yeah, was going to try and get my hands on a HTC, may as well try and get this and feed this stupid habbit of mine :lol:

I've just realised the best thing about this phone... I can use and abuse it for 6 months, have it in my pocket along with my keys and coins, and then sell it twice what I paid under the guise of it being "nicely mojo-d" or a "relic" edition. Genius!

Ahhh! I am a bit of an HTC fan! I've been using their PDA handsets for years now and am lookin' forward to getting my hands on the new HD2 - Maybe I'll have Mr Shuker spray up the covers to match my two Shuker basses - Birdseye maple front and flip paint rear!

I know I'm a musician. My mates know I'm a musician. I even keep a handy pick in my wallet (mostly for guitar) so that it falls out when I'm rooting round for change, so nice looking female shop assistants think I'm a musician.

If I was to buy that phone they wouldn't know I was a musician. They'd probably just think I was a bit of a cock.