Why become a member? ×

A Great day in Moffat

haimesy

I'd like to thank Alan, Dave, Peter for such a successful and thoroughly enjoyable event and everyone else who turned up and made into a really special occasion.
Mix in an excellent curry, too many beers and very little sleep and you've got the makings of an excellent weekend, nevermind the basses...

As everyone has been saying, the amount, variety and quality of gear that everyone brought along was astonishing, but the real bell of the ball was Alan's 33" Chambered Skelf, although I'd have strung it B to C :rolleyes: Closely followed by Alan's (niceguyhomer) Shuker 5 string, Matt's Starfire (get some flats on that thing!), Peter's ACG Harlot SC and Dave's Beheaded Harlot all in joint 2nd.

[quote name='skelf' post='643278' date='Nov 2 2009, 11:55 AM']That rig in the last pic was a beauty,if I did not have the Dr Bass and the F500 I would be off buying that it was the stand out rig for me on the day.[/quote]

Alan (again) had the nicest rig there, to my ears.
The sound of that Aguilar head through the GS112 was just incredible, and the addition of the drive channel has basically made me realise, that I certainly don't need to replace my GS112, I just need another one and I need to shift the MarkBass head for an Aguilar one - job done.
Don't suppose you've reconsidered swapping Alan? No?.... :lol:

So thanks to all and bring on the next one ASAP! :)

Eude

Brilliant day all round. Great people and some great gear too, by a mile the best bash I've been to in the years I've been on here (and Bassworld).

Highlights for me....Eude on the ACG fretless, Dave Perry's monster tones, Toasted's Sadowsky, Greeneking's wonderful Spectors, the cheesburger in the caff, Homer's rig, and all rounded off with a set from Peter's (greeneking) band in a pub near Penrith, with Peter leading from the front on his lovely sounding Status.

Thouroughly fantastic weekend, in a great town, with some great people, can't wait for the next one.

Fantastic weekend! It was really great to meet up with you guys. :)

There were far too many cracking basses for me to pick a favourite. Loved Joe's Sadowsky, Bob's Pedulla and ACG, Peters Spector amongst many others.

Thanks to Alan and Peter for a fab weekend and the guys for bringing such great gear along!

Cheers,

paul

I had a great day meeting some lovely people and trying a load of sweet basses. Mrs Dub,Andrea enjoyed it too. It was a bit of a crazy journey back home with all the water lying on the back roads but it was worth it

Highlights for me were Bob's black Pedulla Rapture :wub: ,Haimesy's Zon Sonus 6, Greenkings USA Spector and Toasted's Sadowsky (and Celinder - lush!) I also got to try some beautiful ACGs and Shukers. If I'd tried more I'd have loved them just as much I'm sure.

Brilliant day and count me in for the next one.

Keir

Finally got back from seeing Richard Bona at the Barbican (he made me cry [i]again[/i]!). Arrived back from Moffat Sunday evening and was straight down to London 1st thing Monday morning so it's been a busy few days.

Had a great time Saturday and Sunday; met some great people (that's everybody!) and played some great basses. I'd like to give a big thanks to Dave and Stu for getting me there and back and keeping me entertained, and to Alan for providing the single most humiliating experience of my adult life (good deeds definitely [i]don't[/i] go unpunished eh Alan?? I've never played solo bass in front of an audience in my entire life!!!!! :) ). Also a huge thanks to Peter who is not only a gent of the absolute highest order but also gave me 2 batteries to get my Sei 5 up and running after a battery meltdown.

The one thing that surprised me the most was how the alloted time was nowhere near enough; I hardly got through any of the gear at all. Of the stuff I played I loved Dave's ACG and Peter's too (although Peter's action was rather too high for me to get anything sensible out of; I have a girl's action on my basses :rolleyes:). Cameron's W&T was stunning, although I sadly didn't get round to plugging it in. Rich's sea green P was a thing of beauty......in fact there was some lovely kit, too much too mention or try. It knows who it is!

[quote name='4000' post='644899' date='Nov 4 2009, 12:25 AM']Finally got back from seeing Richard Bona at the Barbican (he made me cry [i]again[/i]!). Arrived back from Moffat Sunday evening and was straight down to London 1st thing Monday morning so it's been a busy few days.

Had a great time Saturday and Sunday; met some great people (that's everybody!) and played some great basses. I'd like to give a big thanks to Dave and Stu for getting me there and back and keeping me entertained, and to Alan for providing the single most humiliating experience of my adult life (good deeds definitely [i]don't[/i] go unpunished eh Alan?? I've never played solo bass in front of an audience in my entire life!!!!! :) ). Also a huge thanks to Peter who is not only a gent of the absolute highest order but also gave me 2 batteries to get my Sei 5 up and running after a battery meltdown.

The one thing that surprised me the most was how the alloted time was nowhere near enough; I hardly got through any of the gear at all. Of the stuff I played I loved Dave's ACG and Peter's too (although Peter's action was rather too high for me to get anything sensible out of; I have a girl's action on my basses :rolleyes:). Cameron's W&T was stunning, although I sadly didn't get round to plugging it in. Rich's sea green P was a thing of beauty......in fact there was some lovely kit, too much too mention or try. It knows who it is![/quote]

You were more than up to the job. But I promise not to do it again I was only following orders.

For all you guys who missed out on a fantastic weekend....

Like Shaun (4000), I too felt that there wasn't quite enough time to get through everything but considering that some participants travelled from both ends of the country(s) it would be hard to have it any other way. I think the more of these I attend the better I'll get at organising my own time.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='645853' date='Nov 4 2009, 11:38 PM']For all you guys who missed out on a fantastic weekend....

Like Shaun (4000), I too felt that there wasn't quite enough time to get through everything but considering that some participants travelled from both ends of the country(s) it would be hard to have it any other way. I think the more of these I attend the better I'll get at organising my own time.[/quote]

Top post Rich, wasn't aware you where filming on the day!
You can't have been that hungover either as there's no "shakey cam" effect going on.
Was that done on your iPhone?...

Cheers,
Eude