Why become a member? ×

TRADE PENDING: 2008 Fender USA P Bass Gorgeous Sunburst/rosewood P Bass (new style): TRADE PENDING

Old Horse Murphy

Hello all- it's been a while but I'm back :)

Anway, I've been gigging regularly and more and more over the last weeks I've noticed my old hearing problems returning and have really struggled to hear my P Bass. It got so bad last night that I played the first set blind (deaf?). Fortunately, after the first set I ended up using a Stingray that I borrowed of a mate of mine and Wow; epiphany moment!!

Anyway, I've decided that it's time to possibly go down that route on a permanent. As a result, I'm looking for a trade with my 2008 US P Bass for a Stingray 5 with a bit of money thrown in from me.

This P is the best, most comfortable bass I've ever owned and I'm gutted to let it go. It's sunburst/rosewood and is in near-excellent condition (apart from some marks across the top edge due to cuff buttons- not through the paint though). Apart from that, there's a small chip on the pickguard where the truss rod access hole is. It comes with the new style case, all the candy and is strung with La Bella Deep Talkin Flatwounds. It comes with the original new style case, all the candy and tags too.

This is my only road-worthy bass at the moment (my Shuker is going through a bit of a mod) and I have a gig next Thursday, so if anyone is interested, a meet would be ideal for me so I'm not without a bass. I live in Surrey but am willing to meet somewhere if needs be.

Thanks for reading. I figured it was only a matter of time before my hearing went again. Ah well, it could be a lot worse :rolleyes:

Pictures are courtesy of Clarky. I traded it with him for a Rickenbacker a while back but missed it so much, I bought it again!

EDIT: Due to the number of PM's asking for a sale price, I'd let this go for £560 inc postage or £545 if picked up/meet arranged. These sell for well over £830 new and I'll throw in a brand new set of La Bella Deep Talkin strings and a genuine unused white Fender pickguard.

Further pics have been psoted further down this topic.

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

Hi Nick -

Might sound silly to say but try roundwounds on it. As much as I loved my 2008 P with D'Addario Flats on it -sounded amazing at home or in the studio - I could never get any definition from it live. Switched back to roundwounds and I'm a happy man again.

Beautiful bass - I know as I once owned it (only sold it on as I went for a punkier looking Olympic White one). If you like Precisions, you'll like this

Edit: my blue Ugly Doll has a habit of appearing in FS shots - if anyone's interested will trade for a Fender Pino Custom Shop :)

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Gareth Hughes' post='525343' date='Jun 26 2009, 09:17 PM']Hi Nick -

Might sound silly to say but try roundwounds on it. As much as I loved my 2008 P with D'Addario Flats on it -sounded amazing at home or in the studio - I could never get any definition from it live. Switched back to roundwounds and I'm a happy man again.[/quote]

Hi Gareth- I've tried Roundwounds on it and you're right, it definitely makes a differnece. Unfortunately not enough though for me.

Cheers

Nick

Nick - if you need a bass for Thursday then you're more than welcome to borrow anything of mine?

Well, maybe not the redwood NS5XL as a) it weighs a ton & :rolleyes: it's worth a small fortune, lol.

If you want a 4 I've got the Fender J '75RI or for 5's there's either the white Overwater J or the other Spector NS5XL Both of these have 35" scale so maybe not your cup of tea (although the Overwater doesn't feel that much like a 35").

If you can get over to me some time you could have whatever for the week to get used to it too :)

Anyway, just a thought,

[quote name='molan' post='526073' date='Jun 27 2009, 04:55 PM']Nick - if you need a bass for Thursday then you're more than welcome to borrow anything of mine?

Well, maybe not the redwood NS5XL as a) it weighs a ton & :lol: it's worth a small fortune, lol.

If you want a 4 I've got the Fender J '75RI or for 5's there's either the white Overwater J or the other Spector NS5XL Both of these have 35" scale so maybe not your cup of tea (although the Overwater doesn't feel that much like a 35").

If you can get over to me some time you could have whatever for the week to get used to it too :)

Anyway, just a thought,[/quote]

I think you've got to be one of the nicest guys in the world Barrie. Thank you- I may well take you up on that offer. The reissue Jazz sounds lovely :rolleyes:

Nick

Double bump for a great bass! I had the pleasure of owning this P briefly after buying it from Clarky before selling it back to Nick, and it's an absolute cracker: nice and light, great low action, lovely sound with the La Bella's on. Why did I sell this again? :)

Also, buy in confidence! Nick's a great guy to deal with!

[quote name='Hamster' post='526959' date='Jun 28 2009, 07:32 PM']I have a Stingray that I'm not using at the moment, you're welcome to borrow it until you get sorted :)[/quote]

Thank you Colin

I'm overwhelmed by the offer of basses etc to borrow until I get it sorted. I may well take you up on your offer to really spend some time in live situations trying what works.

Molam (Barrie) has kindly lent me his 75 US Reissue Jazz to try too, so it looks like I'll have a fair selection to a/b

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='526076' date='Jun 27 2009, 04:59 PM']I think you've got to be one of the nicest guys in the world Barrie. Thank you- I may well take you up on that offer. The reissue Jazz sounds lovely :)

Nick[/quote]

+1 What a top bloke!

Mike
ps Your P bass looks lovely if only I had £560 yaddda yadda yadda

Edited by lonestar

Hi Nick, have you thought of converting this to a P/J (the Bass Gallery will do it for £120 plus cost of pickups - you could get a set of Wizard P/Js for £85 [url="http://www.wizardpickups.co.uk/shop.asp?category=Bass;"]http://www.wizardpickups.co.uk/shop.asp?category=Bass;[/url] so total cost a whisker over £200).

That way you get to keep a beautiful bass, you get a Jazz bridge pickup for a more honking mid-range sound (whch presumably is beter suited to your hearing), and you keep the option of the P pickup for those occasions when you are able to utilise it.

Edited by Clarky

Hi Nick - wonder if you might have a light weight cab for trade plus cash to me for my very cool 2006 SR5 for which I have white and tort pick guards.(ex Mr Crow) It's mint which I'm putting up for sale at £795. Please let me know if you are interested. I have more pictures if you would like to see any.

Siempre con fusion!
Bill

[quote name='binkybongo' post='529455' date='Jul 1 2009, 11:50 AM']Hi Nick - wonder if you might have a light weight cab for trade plus cash to me for my very cool 2006 SR5 for which I have white and tort pick guards.(ex Mr Crow) It's mint which I'm putting up for sale at £795. Please let me know if you are interested. I have more pictures if you would like to see any.

Siempre con fusion!
Bill[/quote]

Hi Bill- I wish I did! Wow!Unfortunately I've just sold an Epifnai UL310 :)

[quote name='obbm' post='528170' date='Jun 29 2009, 09:52 PM']You ought to come and try the MM Sub 5 that I have on sale. It's what an SR5 should have been.[/quote]

Hi, don't suppose you'd be interested in a trade for a really clean status S1 5 string? Really nice bass & has the punchier sound your looking for, I'm on the look out for a P bass + my pansy fingers cant cope with a 5! If your interested let me know.
Cheers.