Why become a member? ×

Which companies are dead to you?

13 minutes ago, Downunderwonder said:

Trace was in suspended animation for a bit. What of it?

Gibson relinquished the brand and some remainder of parts to Peavey and boy oh boy have they (eventually) breathed the life back into it. Neither dead nor a budget brand.

Gibson were poor custodians of Trace Elliot. They didn't put anything into R&D for it so it withered away. The brand survived Peavey's initial missteps and now flourishes.

None of that is consistent with your assertion that Trace is now a budget brand due to Gibson. That is patently incorrect.

Is Emglish your native language?

Oh the irony.  I did not say TE was a budget brand.  Gibson bought an aspirational, class leading brand & shut it down in just 4 years.  If you think that was improving the brand, fair enough, I have some magic beans to sell you.

Edited by Ashborygirl
Speeling & gramma

11 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Basschat is coming pretty close to being dead to me. 

Almost every thread turns into a pointless bitch fest which has little or nothing to do with the original post. 

It's all getting rather tedious. 

It's like Hotel California though.  I checked out for a while, but as you can see, I didn't leave...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Basschat is coming pretty close to being dead to me. 

Almost every thread turns into a pointless bitch fest which has little or nothing to do with the original post. 

It's all getting rather tedious. 

And yet you still feel the need to post . That is my contribution to the 'bitchfest' .😁

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ashborygirl said:

I did not say TE was a budget brand. 

I assure you that you did.

Due to G being involved with X, Y and Z, either A or B happened to them. You may not have had that in mind but it's what was written.

Perhaps Dad would parse your words for you with the proper grammatical terms. Get his hands out of the popcorn bucket for a couple of minutes.

19 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Right there above. Crap may be an exaggeration of budget but Mesa is definitely not budget, and neither is Trace thanks to Peavey's resurrection.

What makes you think they're not budget? Do they make their own in house IC's and power modules etc to some spec beyond everyone else? or are they using the same mass produced Chinese components that Behringer use in their stuff but charging a premium for the name?

Edited by Tobe
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Downunderwonder said:

I assure you that you did.

Due to G being involved with X, Y and Z, either A or B happened to them. You may not have had that in mind but it's what was written.

Perhaps Dad would parse your words for you with the proper grammatical terms. Get his hands out of the popcorn bucket for a couple of minutes.

Show me where I said TE was budget.  I'll wait..............

30 minutes ago, Ashborygirl said:

No you didn't, you just don't understand an either/or proposition.  By your logic if you have enough cash to buy either an amp or a bass you can buy both.

Neither in your logic. So why was Trace included? Which is it, dead or budget? It never died, it ain't budget.

45 minutes ago, TimR said:

Atari.

They haven't bought out a decent console since 1987. Dead in the water.

IMG_0744.thumb.jpeg.9ff0f1b17709c1e9e03902ab3d9cd045.jpeg

You don’t need to release a new console, just wait 50 years!

• Like 2

I must be slipping. I try Fender, and despite 75% of the denizens of BC being Fender fanbois (and goils), no response whatsoever. Someone else goes for Gibson, and despite the fact that only @neepheid loves them, there are pages and pages of responses. Bah.

• Haha 5

On 25/02/2024 at 10:57, Marky L said:

Having worked at Vodafone UK HQ in Newbury a good few years back, I can fully believe that.

At that time there were a number of billing platforms with all sorts of weird and wonderful tariffs on them. These billing platforms were not compatible with each other. The Consumer and the Business departments didn't work together. There were a number of special tariffs for bulk buying resellers (virtual networks) like Tesco Mobile and the like. These pricings actually undercut the Business prices and caused endless issues.

Oh and of course Vodafone Global HQ was in the same complex in Newbury. Lots of infighting and of course corporate climbers throwing colleagues under the bus so they could crawl a bit further up the ladder.

I think the other main networks weren't much better.

Late to the party. I was the VAT Manager for Vodafone Global for a few years. Very odd place to work. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tobe said:

What makes you think they're not budget? Do they make their own in house IC's and power modules etc to some spec beyond everyone else? or are they using the same mass produced Chinese components that Behringer use in their stuff but charging a premium for the name?

I did ask the question earlier in the thread, "So what do you mean by 'budget gear'? Do you mean cheaper to produce, or cheaper to buy?", but nobody answered, so, yeah. Has anyone got any sweet'n'salty? Dad's is running out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rich said:

I did ask the question earlier in the thread, "So what do you mean by 'budget gear'? Do you mean cheaper to produce, or cheaper to buy?", but nobody answered, so, yeah. Has anyone got any sweet'n'salty? Dad's is running out.

Yuck, you can keep that dross.  Salt popcorn only or GTFO.