Why become a member? ×

Which bass do you want, even though you shouldn't?

BassAgent

A Status T-Bass 5-string.

Preferably wood neck, but the graphite would do.

I don't need or want another jazz bass, but if one of these came up for sale tomorrow in the right price bracket, well I have the money in my account for one so it'd be a very quick deal.

Mark

• Like 1

On 23/01/2024 at 18:14, Lozz196 said:

I really want a Charvel Pro-Mod  San Dimas PJ IV. Not practical for me as can only do short scale basses nowadays but love the look of these.

https://www.charvel.com/gear/shape/san-dimas-bass/pro-mod-san-dimas-bass-pj-iv/2963068595

IMG_3518.jpeg

I tried one of these; really nice, however I just couldn't get on with the compound neck

On 23/01/2024 at 18:57, itu said:

Alembic Spider

- weighs a metric ton

- ergonomics, say what?

- probably even worse to find a case than to a T-bird, an Original, or a C-bass (which would also be of interest)

- price is around £toomuch

Me too!

5 hours ago, Cato said:

AriaF2M_FLSTBR-17.thumb.jpg.e4c45e509d1e5729f440eeb5361fff42.jpg

I've one these in the basket a couple of times now and just about managed to talk myself out of it.

I think they're beautiful but oddly it's the budget price tag that puts me off.

You can get them for under £300. I'm not a gear snob and own and play a couple Squiers alongside more expensive instruments but I just worry that this is going to turn out to be not as nice as the stuff I've already got.

Also they're big and I'm running out of guitar/bass space.

I've had my eye on one of these for ages, it's even made it to my ebay saved searches.

When I foolishly decide to get one, I'll let you know if it's worth having.

• Like 1

I want the modern updated look alike of my first decent bass, a heavyweight 1975 Jazz bass.

A Fender Pro II Jazz in black with a rosewood board, blocks and binding, weighing around 8 1/2 lb.... but I can't pay custom shop money.

DSC_6609.jpg

5 hours ago, MichaelDean said:

Is that a faker? Looks like it from the body contouring...

Yes, one of those AliExpress basses.

In retrospect, I wish I'd bought it, good or bad.

The gunmetal blue and black looks incredible.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, StingRayBoy42 said:

I've had my eye on one of these for ages, it's even made it to my ebay saved searches.

When I foolishly decide to get one, I'll let you know if it's worth having.

I want a black one - but I’ve got my fretless acoustic needs sorted

Ernie Ball Earthwood acoustic bass and Maton JB4.

Even if I could find one of either for sale I couldn't afford them, but a lifelong obsession with the Violent Femmes makes me still want them!

jb4b1.jpg

whats-the-closest-thing-to-an-ernie-ball-earthwood-acoustic-v0-9nkkmnevzwqb1.jpg

Edited by miles'tone
  • Like 1

On 24/01/2024 at 17:41, lksmks792 said:

This. I've no need for either a headless or another fretless bass, still find myself looking at these every so often. 

image.thumb.png.ad0808e670b8394ea7e22347bea3dbf4.png

One of these is on my list as well but more of a case of taking on a new challenge as I only play fretless but never owned or play a 5 string before.

For me it would be these two basses. However, I only play fretless so I have no need for either and they would just sit under the bed collecting dust.

Fender Vintera II 70's Telecaster Bass

0149252357_fen_ins_frt_1_rr.thumb.jpg.852ae485be8719b733f5a5c655b36cfa.jpg

Fender Japan 51 Reissue P-Bass

2022-Fender-PB-51-Reissue-Precision-Bass-Butterscotch-1.thumb.jpg.449fbe8506acf651613a596f9d966068.jpg

6 hours ago, miles'tone said:

Ernie Ball Earthwood acoustic bass and Maton JB4.

Even if I could find one of either for sale I couldn't afford them, but a lifelong obsession with the Violent Femmes makes me still want them!

jb4b1.jpg

whats-the-closest-thing-to-an-ernie-ball-earthwood-acoustic-v0-9nkkmnevzwqb1.jpg

Yes to both!

• Like 1

Peavey T40 - I’ve heard they’re heavy basses? I’m not a big enough guy to be encumbered with that weight on my shoulder.

Gibson Grabber - prohibitively expensive and they look like solid chonks too. But they just have that allure. They look great.

• Like 1