Why become a member? ×

Desert Island gear.

Rayman

I haven't done this one for a long time...............

You can take ONE bass and something to play it through. Let's assume there's a mains plug socket for your rig next to the beach. NO effects, just the bass, a cord and an amp.

Me.........I'd have a Fender Precision and an SWR Super Redhead combo.

How about you?

A precision bass which some dirty arab has vandalised/carved out and written funk machine in biro! on the heel of the thing,i would then set fire to my underpants and would be rescued by a passing ship,sell the bass at bonhams and live happily ever after.

Edited by YouMa

[quote name='YouMa' post='484621' date='May 10 2009, 09:23 PM']A precision bass which some dirty arab has vandalised/carved out and written funk machine in biro! on the heel of the thing,i would then set fire to my underpants and would be rescued by a passing ship,sell the bass at bonhams and live happily ever after.[/quote]

You forgot to tell us about your desert island rig! :)

Sad - but I'd actually take two of the things listed below. My G&L and the Trace head and cab. The bass is set up nicely and sounds great through the rig.

Can I have the rest of a band too, so we can make music? And preferably a beach bar too, to gig in and cold beer, and....

Zon Legacy Elite (or possibly a Hamer 12 string bass) & an Ampeg SVT stack.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='484659' date='May 10 2009, 09:54 PM']A Chapman Stick and an instruction manual.

No need for an amp. I'd have been rescued long before I'd learned to play the thing. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Believe me, you'd need an amp (or a headphone amp at least) - Sticks have hardly any acoustic sound, all you can hear is the strings clattering on the fret rods.
I REALLY wish I hadn't sold my Stick....... :)

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='485080' date='May 11 2009, 02:19 PM']A 10K PA rig and a microphone - don't want to spend any longer than necessary there.[/quote]
a ha ha ha ha

I want to be stranded with the Bass Doc.

But I'd need a cage - or maybe some bricks & cement to build a wall - for the duration.

A Warwick or Ritter - furniture is always useful on a desert island :)

But seriously .... a Fender P and one of those Fender B-Dec (?) amps that have built in drum rhythms etc so at least it would seem like being in a drum/bass duo (Sly and Robbie, whatever)

I'd take Vanessa May but failing that opportunity, a passive jazz bass (all you lot with active stuff would all be in trouble in a month) and an Eden Metro (heavy, but then there wouldn't be any upstairs gigs would there?)

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='485122' date='May 11 2009, 03:13 PM']Amps mean nothing to me , tool for the job - I can hear the P unamplified so I'll swap my amp choice for Girl's Aloud thanks. I can use the lead to stop them wriggling too much.[/quote]
:)

Some hollowbody & an SVT stack for me. All electrics taken out & stuffed with lager.