Why become a member? ×

Approximately 200 quid to spend frivolously. What are you getting?

lidl e

4 minutes ago, JoeEvans said:

I don't like to be pedantic about such a beautiful plan, but surely if you're in the Champagne region, all champagne is local, and if you're not, none of it is?

I know, at first glance it seems daft, but I’m down in the South Of France and although down here they produce their own bubbly in the same manner as the Champagne region (and local vineyards argue about whether their method predates Champagne becoming the more well known fizz) they can’t call it Champagne. But I’ll belt it down anyway. 

I’m probably still wrong aren’t I? 😂

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, meterman said:

I know, at first glance it seems daft, but I’m down in the South Of France and although down here they produce their own bubbly in the same manner as the Champagne region (and local vineyards argue about whether their method predates Champagne becoming the more well known fizz) they can’t call it Champagne. But I’ll belt it down anyway. 

I’m probably still wrong aren’t I? 😂

Sounds pretty good to me...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lidl e said:

How is it? Whyd you go for the muck over the rattler?

I had the Rattler and sold it, which I sort of regret now.

I am a Jam Pedals fanboi.  I have the Lucy Dreamer, Ripply Fall and now the Red Muck.  

The Lucy dreamer is a really good overdrive which gets quite distortion-like at higher gain settings.  I have found it quite useful.  I am constantly fiddling and tweaking but currently I am using it stacked with the drive on my Gallien-Krueger Legacy head and it produces a fat, warm, overdrive with plenty of low end.

I bought the Rattler to help reproduce Lemmy's sound as we had just started covering 'Ace of Spades'.  In spite of the online reviews, I found it sucked too much low end out.  I should have persevered and tried stacking it with other stuff but I sold it, to part fund a Gallien-Krueger Fusion 1200.

I bought the Red Muck after watching another 'Bass the World' video where Gregor stacks the Rattler and the Red Muck.  The Jam Pedals 20% off was too tempting and being used to the jam Pedals control layout I thought I would try.

Its early days, but so far...The Red Muck and Lucy dreamer don't stack well, however, the Red Muck sounds great on its own and gets thickened up when stacked with my Gallien-Krueger Legacy head's drive.

What sound are you after?  I know that isn't easy to describe sometimes.

IMG_0956.jpeg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BillyBass said:

I had the Rattler and sold it, which I sort of regret now.

I am a Jam Pedals fanboi.  I have the Lucy Dreamer, Ripply Fall and now the Red Muck.  

The Lucy dreamer is a really good overdrive which gets quite distortion-like at higher gain settings.  I have found it quite useful.  I am constantly fiddling and tweaking but currently I am using it stacked with the drive on my Gallien-Krueger Legacy head and it produces a fat, warm, overdrive with plenty of low end.

I bought the Rattler to help reproduce Lemmy's sound as we had just started covering 'Ace of Spades'.  In spite of the online reviews, I found it sucked too much low end out.  I should have persevered and tried stacking it with other stuff but I sold it, to part fund a Gallien-Krueger Fusion 1200.

I bought the Red Muck after watching another 'Bass the World' video where Gregor stacks the Rattler and the Red Muck.  The Jam Pedals 20% off was too tempting and being used to the jam Pedals control layout I thought I would try.

Its early days, but so far...The Red Muck and Lucy dreamer don't stack well, however, the Red Muck sounds great on its own and gets thickened up when stacked with my Gallien-Krueger Legacy head's drive.

What sound are you after?  I know that isn't easy to describe sometimes.

IMG_0956.jpeg

Nice. Bummed i missed that sale! There was also a used one on sale here recently  ( the red muck? But i hesitated.

Yeah, i really like the jam pedals as well. I have the ripply fall. It is the best sounding chorus there is, but i do find it a bit subtle. Ivenonly been using it to record and got a plethora X3 for live. 

The sound id prefer is kind of a musical howl rather than a buzzy chainsaw. 

Like the beginning sounds of Rusty Cage by soundgarden but on bass.

Does that make sense?

Edited by lidl e
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, lidl e said:

The sound id prefer is kind of a musical howl rather than a buzzy chainsaw. 

Like the beginning sounds of Rusty Cage by soundgarden but on bass.

Does that make sense?

I believe it does make sense, yes.  So on the scale of: smooth synth like sounds right up to bit crusher glitchiness...I would say you can get the Rusty Cage intro sound with the Red Muck.   The pedal is at its most glitchy with an open E but, particularly with the D and G strings, you can get a sound like the intro to Rusty Cage.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BillyBass said:

I believe it does make sense, yes.  So on the scale of: smooth synth like sounds right up to bit crusher glitchiness...I would say you can get the Rusty Cage intro sound with the Red Muck.   The pedal is at its most glitchy with an open E but, particularly with the D and G strings, you can get a sound like the intro to Rusty Cage.

Ive spent the last hour listening to the red muck and i think I'm sold. I'll have a lookaround. Wish i saw that 20% off sale!

Would prefer topjacks though!

Cheers!

• Like 2