Why become a member? ×

** The 15th South East Bass Bash - Sunday 12 November 2023 **

Hamster

I'm going to try to get over to this. It looks like it's going to be busy. I'll bring some LFSys cabs, including a brand new model, together with a Veyron amp and Squier CV Precision.

I'm looking forward to meeting all the familiar names I've read over the years but never met.

Edited by stevie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'll make sure to not wear a spiky belt buckle, I don't want to give anyone's bass a rash!

If there's anyone there who doesn't have to drive away, I'd also be interested in maybe hitting a pub in Addlestone for grub and a pint. Or no pint, whatever. 🍻

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bass_dinger said:

I am looking forward to packing away someone else's Spectors.

Ideally, Guy Pratt's!

I can add it to Paul McCartney's Hofner....

It would look great next to Jamerson's P-Bass that you have on your wall as well 🤣

• Haha 1

I’ve never been to a bass bash but would love to attend, if I can. We’ve got a handful of a lovely 10 month old so I wouldn’t be there for the whole day. Do other folk stick around for just a couple of hours?

If I came I’d be bringing my rather unexotic duo of MIM P bass and Silverburst Sterling Ray 34. I don’t have an amp, only a Nux preamp.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HMX said:

I’ve never been to a bass bash but would love to attend, if I can. We’ve got a handful of a lovely 10 month old so I wouldn’t be there for the whole day. Do other folk stick around for just a couple of hours?

If I came I’d be bringing my rather unexotic duo of MIM P bass and Silverburst Sterling Ray 34. I don’t have an amp, only a Nux preamp.

If you can make it do!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, HMX said:

Do come!  I'll have a go on your Ray34, please.

4 hours ago, HMX said:

By the time you're ready to leave you'll have at least three on your list of "must haves" and GAS for loads of basses.

It's cheaper in the long run not to come but great fun if you do.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, HMX said:

It’s all very relaxed and different folks do different things. No reason not to pop in for a bit - esp, if you can catch a guest talk or two. You’ll enjoy it no matter how long or short you stay for.

If you’re coming up from Brighton, maybe you could cadge a lift with  Mr Pratt!! 😉🤣

Edited by TrevorR

44 minutes ago, TrevorR said:

It’s all very relaxed and different folks do different things. No reason not to pop in for a bit - esp, if you can catch a guest talk or two. You’ll enjoy it no matter how long or short you stay for.

If you’re coming up from Brighton, maybe you could cadge a lift with  Mr Pratt!! 😉🤣

I didn’t know Guy was in Brighton. I’d be happy to supply the lift providing a bass arsenal could fit in my Fiesta! 

• Haha 1

I am suddenly interested in fretless basses, and how easy they are to play.  

I want to:

Experience lined v unlined; understand the difference in fretboard materials; contemplate mwah v no mwah.

Is anyone bringing a fretless bass to the Bass Bash, that they can demonstrate to me?

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by bass_dinger

2 hours ago, bass_dinger said:

I want to:

Experience lined v unlined; understand the difference in fretboard materials; contemplate mwah v no mwah.

Is anyone bringing a fretless bass to the Bass Bash, that they can demonstrate to me?

Thanks in advance. 

I’ll have my 5 string short scale unlined fretless :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bass_dinger said:

I want to:

Thanks in advance.

Decisions - what to bring...