Why become a member? ×

You’ve won £1000

Rayman

1 hour ago, Sweeneythebass said:

I’ve had two of these bought and sold 

the first I bought for £400 !

I've had 3 already and keep selling them. I only play fretless these days so I would just buy one to look at and tinker on now and again so it might have more chance of staying :)

I’m getting married in August. We can’t afford anything flash so it’s just a small modest ceremony with no plans for a honeymoon. My poor Mrs hasn’t been on holiday for 13yrs!

My first thoughts after winning a grand? 

Reverend Mercalli 4 in metallic Alpine green.

👍🏻

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Rayman said:

I’m getting married in August. We can’t afford anything flash so it’s just a small modest ceremony with no plans for a honeymoon. My poor Mrs hasn’t been on holiday for 13yrs!

My first thoughts after winning a grand? 

Reverend Mercalli 4 in metallic Alpine green.

👍🏻

Including what we wore, and the reception, our wedding probably cost less than a grand in total.

We had our reception on a canal boat, so we were limited in how many people we could invite (and have to pay for…). The canal boat trip made the event memorable, and the people that came still talk about it fondly 25 years later.

• Like 1

On 18/04/2023 at 23:06, PaulThePlug said:

4 NEW tyres for the car... £450

One of them new Squier Sonic P's for £170... just to see.

Curry for the family,

The rest to see us through a week or 2.

4 Goodys and front alignment... £360 @ Kwik Kick... Looks like i'm 90 up.

A thousand pounds to spend frivolously?

While it would be great to throw it at gear, I simply don't need anything.  I'm content.  There, I've said it.

Umm.  I'd probably give my wife some of it and would throw a chunk against a new (inexpensive) TV for the bedroom.  Some would go on book purchases, a new pair Converse/Vans hi-tops. A case of red wine.  I'd like a sausage maker, a pasta machine and some new bread tins.  If anything is left over, Indian takeout for a few mates at mine (if I'm paying, I ain't driving).

• Like 1