Why become a member? ×

Disco tracks by rock bands

Beedster

So in another thread 'I was made for loving you' by KISS was being proposed as their greatest track by one of the sites more discerning members (@me) and it got me reflecting on that rather special late 70's/early 80's period in which record companies quite literally instructed producers to ensure that there was a disco track on the album. I've always wanted to forma rock disco band, and have just the drummist for it, so am looking forward to seeing what pops up here. 

Heres my top three for starters. Miss You, the definitive disco statement, but SO Jagger that it slipped under the disco radar for many years

Nothing under the radar about this baby however.....

Hollywood Nights, i didn't recognise it as disco until it appeared on our setlist, and it's also the moment we realised that our indie/punk drummist was, at heart, a dancer :) 

We were inspired enough by this one to stick it in the set list - goes down a storm with the laydees of a certain age. 

It's a random bunch of mildly famous Scandinavian metal heads doing guilty pleasure 80's stuff. I love 'em.... 

• Like 1