Why become a member? ×

Female Bass Players

SamIAm

Mmm, no Divinity Roxx?

Although Teen Town doesn't go entirely according to plan, she bosses it like a pro pushing into an extended jam and then going into Rapper's Delight.

EDIT: I note she was mentioned in SBL's video.

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I really like Andrea Goldsworthy who is probably best known as being part of Paloma Faith's touring band.

As can be seen/heard in the below video, Andrea is totally on it. Great feel for a groove, she's got the look, she play's DB, she's the complete package IMHO.

EDIT: She's also a really nice person, which goes a long way in my book.

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

I give a huge toss about her costumes......kinda.  I'm not being facetious but with them being a 3-piece instrumental band where the drummist has a stripped down kit (unlike many 3-pieces e.g. Rush, Police) and there's no fancy stage show like other 3-pieces (e.g. Muse) her outfits are an essential part of the act IMO. If she wore sober coloured gear they actually could be quite dull live.

I flipping love sober coloured gear!

Honestly though, the likes of Muse and Rush leave me stone cold, but  music with a bit of space, like dub reggae, or bands that leave a lot of room in their music (like Khruangbin) do it for me all day long. Their drummer is one of my favourites too.

Depending on your taste / outlook / medication (delete as applicable) I get how they could be either hypnotic or boring live. Their new album with Vieux Farka Toure is beautiful, I reckon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meterman said:

I flipping love sober coloured gear!

Honestly though, the likes of Muse and Rush leave me stone cold, but  music with a bit of space, like dub reggae, or bands that leave a lot of room in their music (like Khruangbin) do it for me all day long. Their drummer is one of my favourites too.

Depending on your taste / outlook / medication (delete as applicable) I get how they could be either hypnotic or boring live. Their new album with Vieux Farka Toure is beautiful, I reckon.

I do like Kruangbin and Mark Speer has fast become one of my fave electric guitar players. He carries each tune all the way through unlike most rock and metal players that mostly play power chords and then throw in a widdly solo for 10-20 secs. Laura is very easy on the eye which also helps and I've no shame in also admiring female musicians appearance as much as their playing. LL wears some great outfits and frequently looks stunning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonard Smalls said:

I never realised they were an actual band! Despite having 2 of their albums I always thought they were some sort of producer-led studio project...

I was initially unsure, and it’s hard to tell because their albums are very ‘produced’. But I remember seeing them at a festival in France and they were like “White Light, White Heat”-era Velvets gone house music. Quite a garage rock feel for a supposed dance outfit.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, madshadows said:

Becky Baldwin from one of my favourite band "Hands Off Gretel" is a great bass player, she is also in metal band Fury, couple of vids below, she also has a good YouTube channel  :D 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH1padSStMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oscSbNymGx0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85F545Gh-n8

John 😎 

She's filling in on bass for Mercyful Fate on their North American tour too!

• Like 2

I go fanboy for MISA from Band-Maid, great bassist in a great band...winning combo.

She can switch between fingerstyle, pick and slap without skipping a beat, great sound and vibe, knows her theory, happy sitting back and being a rhythm section with their drummer but she able to pull out the tricks when needed.

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone had mentioned Simone Butler from Primal Scream yet? She used to play a Rickenbacker but plays Precisions with the Scream. She sold me a CIJ fiesta red Fender Mustang bass in 2003 when she worked in Denmark Street. Great player and she has stage presence for days.

7998B079-60A0-4041-B083-3B6920D68A5A.jpeg.8483d29fa266bc1ed75e348b887033fa.jpeg

• Like 1