Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash: Nottingham, 22 April 2023 👍

Richard R

1 hour ago, Frank Blank said:

I've just noticed there are now thirteen possible attendees, obviously that would be very bad luck so can I have a volunteer to not attend thus ensuring the harmony of the proceedings. A form of bass seppuku if you like.

:hi:

I could well show my face...I am not sure if I'll be able to drag myself away from The Burnt Pig though.    😉

Seriously though ... talking about bass and bass gear is just not my thing ( as you know Frank) so I haven't committed to attending so far, but there is a good chance that I turn up on the day.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Raymondo said:

I could well show my face...I am not sure if I'll be able to drag myself away from The Burnt Pig though.    😉

Understandable.

7 hours ago, Raymondo said:

Seriously though ... talking about bass and bass gear is just not my thing ( as you know Frank) so I haven't committed to attending so far, but there is a good chance that I turn up on the day.

We can discuss anything you want, pork pies, kebabs...

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Richard R said:

They have a fantastic-looking Burns Barracuda on their site!   https://www.themusicinn.co.uk/guitars/electric-guitars/burns-barracuda-pre-owned

They had a lot of Burns gear from a collector last year - mostly guitars - but the barracuda is special.  If it's still there, I'll ask if they can bring it or let me bring it!

5 hours ago, GremlinAndy said:

QUOTE: “We can discuss anything you want, pork pies, kebabs...“

Oh, now things just got interesting!

We can discuss and eat anything you want, pork pies, kebabs...

I mean, seriously, bass guitars or kebabs..? No contest, bring me my chilli sauce.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stealth said:

And the new mystery 5 string is. Spector.Dimension  5

Sadly I won’t be there to show it off as I have a dep to do now Ho hum 

Hurrah for the bass and the gig!

Boooo that we won't see you. 😉

NBD post anywhere?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Jabba_the_gut said:

I’m hoping to get along to this - always enjoy the bass bashes!! All being well, I’ll bring along a 27” scale 5 string, a Status S3000 and a whatever else fits in the car…….

I’ll go the other way then… I’ll bring the 39.5 inch folly I got Mr Shuker to build…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Orange Smarties update...

@Richard R: Brawley 4 and 5 string, EBS session 60 amp, cheap Aeon sustainer, scales to weigh basses with, cake, orange smarties, Westfield "Small Body" bass *FOR SALE*

@petecarlton: Shuker Nuclear Device Jean-Jacques Burnel Signature Lite P-bass, Mayones Cali 4 Triskelion travel bass, Bugera Veryron BV 1001M Mosfet head, Ashdown Studio 210 combo, bits and pieces - and cake

@Machines: Dingwall D-Roc 5, Dingwall NG-3, Warwick Gnome 280w + Ashdown RM210 (probably)

@Andyjr1515: SWAAPATWTBWADS Bubinga Fretless, probably Pete's Swift lightweight piccolo build and maybe also his (not lightweight) EB-3 tribute

@Frank Blank: Jabba short scale fretted and fretless, Ibanez SRC6, Grace Design Alix, QSC K12.2, kebabs and pork pies for @Raymondo

@NickA: couple of Wals and a Dolphin. You've all seen and played the mk1 fretless, and the dolphin, but I got a mk2 5er just before the prices went silly. Some PJB stuff too. Might bring the double bass .. how big is the room?

@PTB: MTD 535, Limelight Pino replica, possibly a MusicMan, MarkBass combo, HX XL & extension leads 😎

Darren: Nice Ibanez and the Aria Sinsonido silent bass. Ashdown amp if there's space in the car.

@floFC: curiosity, Kramer Aluminium Neck

@Oldman: contemplating bringing my custom Fretless 5! I’ll bring my GR CAB and EVO 1 Head.

@SimBass: Sandberg California II TM 5, Eminence Small bodied double bass, EBS Stanley Clarke Preamp pedal, GRBass One 800, Barefaced Super Compact, Barefaced One10

@Owen: 6 string 36" scale Overwater poss for sale. Shuker Uberhorn 5, Shuker/Firecreek hybrid 5, USA J 5 reliced and MTD Kingston 5. QSC 10", Warwick Hellborg pre, Fender TRB 1 pre and Sadowsky pre. Future Impact.

@GremlinAndy: Something interesting, 39.5" Shuker, Zon Hyperbass.

@Jabba_the_gut: 27” scale 5 string, a Status S3000 and a whatever else fits in the car…

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 1

I've had a bit of a runny nose and been sneezing for a few days so thought I best do a test, very faint positive line but it's there, so I have, at last, joined the Branch Covidians for the first time. Very, very mild cold symptoms, I'm assuming it's the Omicron sub variant Arcturus. Anyway, hopefully I'll be clear by next week 🤞

40 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I've had a bit of a runny nose and been sneezing for a few days so thought I best do a test, very faint positive line but it's there, so I have, at last, joined the Branch Covidians for the first time. Very, very mild cold symptoms, I'm assuming it's the Omicron sub variant Arcturus. Anyway, hopefully I'll be clear by next week 🤞

There's still a lot of it about.  Well done for thinking about doing a test.  Look after yourself, Frank  :)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

Fingers crossed, Frank.

• Like 1