Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash: Nottingham, 22 April 2023 👍

Richard R

20 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

Yes, this is usual practice. I would suggest we start a gear list the other side of Xmas as people will have new stuff to add by then and that's when gear lists start getting difficult to manage. I am always surprised how few P basses are brought to Bashes.

I am likely to have changed gear 1-5 times between making the list and turning up 🙄.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well done, Richard!

@Richard R : Brawley 4 and 5 string, EBS session 60 amp, cheap Aeon sustainer, cake

@petecarlton: Shuker Nuclear Device Jean-Jacques Burnel Signature Lite P-bass, Mayones Cali 4 Triskelion travel bass, Bugera Veryron BV 1001M Mosfet head, Ashdown Studio 210 combo, bits and pieces - and cake

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Richard R : Brawley 4 and 5 string, EBS session 60 amp, cheap Aeon sustainer,  scales to weight basses with, cake
@petecarlton:  Shuker Nuclear Device Jean-Jacques Burnel Signature Lite P-bass, Mayones Cali 4 Triskelion travel bass, Bugera Veryron BV 1001M Mosfet head, Ashdown Studio 210 combo, bits and pieces - and cake
@Machines:  Dingwall D-Roc 5, Dingwall NG-3, Warwick Gnome 280w + Ashdown RM210 (probably)

Come on the rest of you! Otherwise there will be a lot of cake left over :biggrin:

11 hours ago, Richard R said:

@Richard R : Brawley 4 and 5 string, EBS session 60 amp, cheap Aeon sustainer,  scales to weight basses with, cake
@petecarlton:  Shuker Nuclear Device Jean-Jacques Burnel Signature Lite P-bass, Mayones Cali 4 Triskelion travel bass, Bugera Veryron BV 1001M Mosfet head, Ashdown Studio 210 combo, bits and pieces - and cake
@Machines:  Dingwall D-Roc 5, Dingwall NG-3, Warwick Gnome 280w + Ashdown RM210 (probably)

Come on the rest of you! Otherwise there will be a lot of cake left over :biggrin:

I'll be bringing: my SWAAPATWTBWADS* Bubinga Fretless, probably Pete's Swift lightweight piccolo build and maybe also his (not lightweight) EB-3 tribute build

*Same Woods And Proportions As A Warwick Thumb But, Wisely, A Different Shape

Haha! Yeah I’m enjoying it quite a lot. I’ll admit that what Ric lovers call ‘quirky’ features are nothing but design errors to me, but it’s comfortable, charming and sounds amazing!

now hoping to close the can of worms… but I said what I said 🤣

@Richard R: Brawley 4 and 5 string, EBS session 60 amp, cheap Aeon sustainer,  scales to weight basses with, cake
@petecarlton  Shuker Nuclear Device Jean-Jacques Burnel Signature Lite P-bass, Mayones Cali 4 Triskelion travel bass, Bugera Veryron BV 1001M Mosfet head, Ashdown Studio 210 combo, bits and pieces - and cake
@Machines#  Dingwall D-Roc 5, Dingwall NG-3, Warwick Gnome 280w + Ashdown RM210 (probably)

@Andyjr1515 SWAAPATWTBWADS Bubinga Fretless, probably Pete's Swift lightweight piccolo build and maybe also his (not lightweight) EB-3 tribute @Ander87:  Some of the gear in his signature - Rickenbacker 4003, MM Stingray Special 4HH, Fender AO Precision 60s, a few pedals on a Nano + Ampeg SVT 2 Pro Premiere + Barefaced Six10 

• Like 1