Why become a member? ร—

Midlands Bass Bash: Nottingham, 22 April 2023 ๐Ÿ‘

Richard R

Thanks Pete,

Probably worth hiring for all day, running the bash something like 10-3, then an hour to take down and clear up.

Will look at school holidays, but probably later in April is better. Definitely not Easter weekend, we'd all be in trouble then ๐Ÿ˜‹

ย 

• Thanks 1

I think the 15th or 22nd are probably favourite, given that the 29th is another bank holiday weekend.ย  If anyone has a preference either way, please let me know.

1 hour ago, Richard R said:

Probably worth hiring for all day, running the bash something like 10-3, then an hour to take down and clear up.

ย 

I agree @Richard Rย - don't want to be rushing in at the last minute and under pressure to get out in a hurry - but I would suggest starting and finishing a little later, to allow people from further-flung reaches of the Midlands to get there - say, 11 - 4?

ย 

School hols seem to be at the beginning of the month.ย  Term ends on the 31st March in Nottingham.ย  That would suggest 22nd as the better of the two.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, petecarlton said:

I think the 15th or 22nd are probably favourite, given that the 29th is another bank holiday weekend.ย  If anyone has a preference either way, please let me know.

ย 

I agree @Richard Rย - don't want to be rushing in at the last minute and under pressure to get out in a hurry - but I would suggest starting and finishing a little later, to allow people from further-flung reaches of the Midlands to get there - say, 11 - 4?

ย 

School hols seem to be at the beginning of the month.ย  Term ends on the 31st March in Nottingham.ย  That would suggest 22nd as the better of the two.

Birmingham hols match Nottingham, and probably eveywhere else this year.

ย 

22nd it is then. ๐Ÿ‘

Exact times TBC.

ย 

• Like 1

• Richard R changed the title to Midlands Bass Bash: 22 April 2023 ๐Ÿ‘
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, clarkeyjnr said:

Notts sounds good. Probably a couple of hours from Cambridge, but no pain, no gain as they say. I've never been to a bass bash before - what's it all about?

ย 

It's like a simplified version of Squid Game.

ย 

Everyone takes their favourite bass.

ย 

We then stand in a circle and bash each other unconscious.

ย 

Last one standing takes all the basses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

18 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Wait...I need clarification....

ย 

Do we HAVE to use our favorite bass to do the bashing? Sounds kind of counter-productive......

ย 

I like the concept though...being from Middle America, I have a built-in penchant for violence....:)

• Haha 1

On 27/10/2022 at 23:32, Frank Blank said:

Everyone brings any bass gear they have. You pay a tenner, set up your gear and then everyone plays each other's basses and talks bass ALL DAY. The money covers the hire of the venue and if there is money left over it goes to charity. Bass Bashes are great fun.

That sounds great!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

This sounds slightly less fun, but still......

• 1 month later...
On 27/10/2022 at 23:32, Frank Blank said:

Everyone brings any bass gear they have. You pay a tenner, set up your gear and then everyone plays each other's basses and talks bass ALL DAY. The money covers the hire of the venue and if there is money left over it goes to charity. Bass Bashes are great fun.

ย 

It is sensible nearer the time we make a list of 'stuff we're taking' to try and avoid everyone turning up with P basses. Something you want to try out ? Ask nicely if anyone has something like it.

ย 

The idea for me in the past was a chance to try rarer equipment in one spot that no shop would give you the opportunity for, as well as talk utter tripe for several hours.

• Like 2