Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash: Nottingham, 22 April 2023 👍

Richard R

• 2 weeks later...

@Richard R: Brawley 4 and 5 string, EBS session 60 amp, cheap Aeon sustainer,  scales to weight basses with, cake
@petecarlton: Shuker Nuclear Device Jean-Jacques Burnel Signature Lite P-bass, Mayones Cali 4 Triskelion travel bass, Bugera Veryron BV 1001M Mosfet head, Ashdown Studio 210 combo, bits and pieces - and cake
@Machines:  Dingwall D-Roc 5, Dingwall NG-3, Warwick Gnome 280w + Ashdown RM210 (probably)

@Andyjr1515: SWAAPATWTBWADS Bubinga Fretless, probably Pete's Swift lightweight piccolo build and maybe also his (not lightweight) EB-3 tribute

@Ander87:  Some of the gear in his signature - Rickenbacker 4003, MM Stingray Special 4HH, Fender AO Precision 60s, a few pedals on a Nano + Ampeg SVT 2 Pro Premiere + Barefaced Six10

@Frank Blank: Jabba short scale fretted, Jabba short scale fretless, Nordstrand Acinonyx, QSC K12.2, whichever preamp I'm using at the time.

@NickA: couple of Wals and a Dolphin.  You've all seen and played the mk1 fretless, and the dolphin, but I got a mk2 5er just before the prices went silly.  Some PJB stuff too.  Might bring the double bass .. how big is the room?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

I trout I'll be able to make it. I haddock small sprat with my noisy neighbour. He's so loud it's beginning to affect my herring.

What ? Half past two. Nah…

boomtish.. double strike 

Edited by Geek99
  • Haha 1

Can't have a raffleless bash, the very concept sounds absurd!

Hopefully we will have an array of random bass/music/totally un -related stuff that people are happy to donate.  As per the last couple of Midlands bashes I suggest any profits to Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy, unless anyone objects?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

A couple of points of order.

1. Are we having a raffle? (No giggling at the back.) I have yet to attend a raffleless Bash.
  2. I realise it is a little early but please remember to bring any extension leads you have as they tend to be the one thing everyone forgets and then you want to borrow mine which ends up looking like Hinkley Point B which is why Atom Man says...

g191.thumb.png.bcb4b8252fa52356de62b730ac2ab7a7.png

BRING YOUR EXTENSION LEADS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T PLUG INTO MINE YOU LAZY B******S 

Atom Man speaks the truth.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

I need to book a hotel for the evening before, any suggestions from anyone local?

Frank, the last people to ask about nearby hotels are the locals - they never use them!

I will do a bit of asking around though and maybe post a list with price points, etc.

@Richard R: Brawley 4 and 5 string, EBS session 60 amp, cheap Aeon sustainer,  scales to weight basses with, cake
@petecarlton: Shuker Nuclear Device Jean-Jacques Burnel Signature Lite P-bass, Mayones Cali 4 Triskelion travel bass, Bugera Veryron BV 1001M Mosfet head, Ashdown Studio 210 combo, bits and pieces - and cake
@Machines:  Dingwall D-Roc 5, Dingwall NG-3, Warwick Gnome 280w + Ashdown RM210 (probably)

@Andyjr1515: SWAAPATWTBWADS Bubinga Fretless, probably Pete's Swift lightweight piccolo build and maybe also his (not lightweight) EB-3 tribute

@Ander87  Some of the gear in his signature - Rickenbacker 4003, MM Stingray Special 4HH, Fender AO Precision 60s, a few pedals on a Nano + Ampeg SVT 2 Pro Premiere + Barefaced Six10

@Frank Blank: Jabba short scale fretted, Jabba short scale fretless, Nordstrand Acinonyx, QSC K12.2, whichever preamp I'm using at the time.

@NickA: couple of Wals and a Dolphin.  You've all seen and played the mk1 fretless, and the dolphin, but I got a mk2 5er just before the prices went silly.  Some PJB stuff too.  Might bring the double bass .. how big is the room?
@PTB:  MTD 535, Limelight Pino replica, possibly a MusicMan, MarkBass combo, HX XL & extension leads 😎

• Like 1

• Richard R changed the title to Midlands Bass Bash: Nottingham, 22 April 2023 👍
On 25/02/2023 at 09:20, LukeFRC said:

If you stick "Nottingham" at the start of the thread title you might get more ppl spotting it... "Midlands" is a large area, sometimes with slightly odd accents, while Nottingham is a big city just off the M1 and easier to get too as a concept

Have added Nottingham to the title.

Hopefully it doesn't actually put people off!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2