Why become a member? ×

Basschatters' Upcoming Gigs

Stub Mandrel

On 25/04/2023 at 17:49, Leonard Smalls said:

Our next gig is at Babar Cafe in Hereford with MC16. A night of funkypunkyfunkypunk!

Here's a VidAd, featuring a snippet of one of our funkier numbers...

Unfortunately our gig at Babar Cafe in Hereford on 19th May has been cancelled by the venue due to "noise complaints". We hadn't even got there, but perhaps they'd heard about my 1500W amp...

Next gig is for the Weeds - first gig in about 8 years and with only 60% of the band - they've been replaced by sequencers, sample triggering, multi tasking and (allegedly) a well-known dance DJ... 

New venue for my band Toredown this Friday 19th, playing at the Black Horse, Black Horse Lane, Ipswich - oldest pub in Ipswich apparently.  If you like your blues on the rocky side you'll like us, come and heckle. :) 

Edited by Paul S
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For any Newcastle upon Tyne basschatters who are not going to St James Park to watch Leo’s offspring and local lad Sam Fender, we’ll be playing our eclectic mix of country and americana at the rather marvellous Billy Bootleggers on Stepney Bank in the Ouseburn tomorrow (Saturday 10th) kicking off at 6pm. I shall be murdering a selection of bass lines on both fretless bass and NS EUB. 

IMG_0089.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BCH said:

Back to where we started in Bedford ! a genuine music pub...we played there in 1973, same members!!!!!!!!

FFPosterFlowerPot23Junejpeg.thumb.jpg.86a3505b6a6025617d4e31cb4f9748db.jpg

Well done! My next gig with Reloaded is on the 2nd July at a private party for a local band "The Bash Street Kids" who are celebrating 45 years together so they could be described as comparative newcomers! 🤣

Edited by Acebassmusic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 16/05/2023 at 09:05, Leonard Smalls said:

the Weeds - first gig in about 8 years and with only 60% of the band - they've been replaced by sequencers, sample triggering, multi tasking and (allegedly) a well-known dance DJ..

Tonight, in Sheffield. Our singer and rhythm guitarist can't make it so they've been replaced by sample triggering DJ. And it's click track!

We've got a cardboard cutout of the singer to front the band...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Tonight, in Sheffield. Our singer and rhythm guitarist can't make it so they've been replaced by sample triggering DJ. And it's click track!

We've got a cardboard cutout of the singer to front the band...

Good can on ya bud , I’d like to hear the story of how you nail it 👍

• Thanks 1